Wright and Coker just suck. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wright and Coker just suck.

Alex44 said:
Which is funny because they both have way more physical skill

Yeah, but Dorsey was smart as hell. He threw a decent ball too despite his lackadasical arm strength.

I thought the overall Canes talent was better than I expected, but Kyle Wright is such a regulator you can't even evaluate the offense with a QB who has no instincts.

The guy was highly rated, the only QB who USC recruited that year, but they don't always pan out and I agree with Section, I don't care if Wright ever plays another down for UM. Against good teams he is abysmal, in fact an embarrassment.

kyle wright need to have the confidence n instinct to attack the secondary. Sometimes he hesitates a lot.

Dolphin1184 said:
Yeah, but Dorsey was smart as hell. He threw a decent ball too despite his lackadasical arm strength.

Dorsey was smart, but he had a horrible arm. Every ball he threw looked like a wounded duck, and it still does to this day. He just had 5 minutes to throw the ball every time he dropped back, of course he could find someone with all the time his line gave him.

finfansince72 said:
Butch Davis?

Top three coaches I want if and when we fire Coker:

1. Butch Davis
2a. Gene Chizik
2b. Randy Shannon

I love defensive games, and that is just what we got. But what I saw last night was one team being outcoached by the other team . . . plain and simple. Coker is not the right coach for this program. Sure, maybe he has turned UM into a more respectable University in terms of not us being "Thug U" anymore (many still think that anyways) . . . but when u coach down here u have to have fire and ability to make moves and adjustments during the game, and Coker is just not capable of doing that. I can imagine Coker went into halftime like, "guys we are winning", don't change anything lets keep the score 10-3 the whole night . . . I mean c'mon, please stop with the . . . "oh he has one of the best records" bullcrap . . . any coach would have been able to compile a similar record with the talent that Butch brought in. He is not the coach for this program . . . plain and simple. If that means Miami going down one year and having 5 losses to get rid of this guy, then so be it, but we need a general in here, a guy who knows how to get the best out of the premium talent he has got.

Leggett was killing the guy who was covering him, the kid is the fastest guy on the field (Legget was faster than Devin Hester also, only knock was his hands, but seems as if he has worked on them) . . . run some deep post patterns or sumthin, geez . . . FSU has a great D, u have to make things happen, not settle for what u are givin all the time.

I think the Canes could lure Tubberville from Auburn, possibly. He has a history of making quick switches on teams, without informing all his players...plus he has history at Miami. If it happens, it'd give me all the more reason to dislike the Canes.
And seriously guys, this goes farther than Larry Coker...a coach can only do so much.

I agree coker must go. hes 19-9 since his great start...completely unacceptable. This isnt Rutgers and that kind of bunk is for mediocore schools.

I think you can win with wright though he does lack instincts. However when we kept him upright and gave him 2 seconds he found the open guy. Its the OL and Charlie Jones that really bite. Jones is a waste of time. I dont want to see him again. Dances in the backfield and has no leg drive. Baby James came in and was looking to move that pile. Get him up to speed like it should have been done 3 days ago. And the OL is just soft like a baby. I mean they had no tenacity. We always had OL who get after it. Forget this finesse **** we have always been a power running team. We wear teams down. Thats part of the canes tradition. We have OL and backs that get stuff done on the ground and while i respect the heck out of fsu's D this goes back further then 1 game.

And for heavens sake we threw 1 ball downfield all game and Wright threw it in a spot where only his wr could make a (fantastic) catch. All game everyone, even announcers, kept saying that fsu is closing too fast on miami wr's so why arent we throwing downfield with double moves or hitch and go's. OC was terrible.

Ill take it a step further. Shalalalalalalalala has to go. Raising the academic standards may be good for the schools name but football is what made that school famous not academics. They owe a little more of their loyalty to allowing the football program to run itself into more big payout national title games considering their football program brings in more revenue then anything else aside from tuition. Because of her, the school now loses prized recruits to FSU, UF and out of state teams and that NEVER used to happen under JJ, Erickson and Butch. We recruited our own backyard bare and now we cant cause of her.

You can say my priorities are ****** up but the bottom line is I am a Miami Hurricanes fan and I dont attend the school. I want to see my favorite team win and land on nfl rosters. Theyre not ever going to be Harvard or Yale so lets stop pretending and just be who we are...a heck of a great football program. And thats not getting restored with better grade standards.

Duke harvard yale etc are known for being brainiac U. The U is known for football. Be who you are, not who someone wants you to be. We are a football team that happens to attend class as a passageway to the nfl for a lot of these kids. Keep it that way so we can compete in the recruiting field and ye shall keep kicking tail! Even if we do this these kids still have a minimum to meet and it doesnt mean they cant aim higher but it would allow us to stay competitive with the barely eligible recruits.

I said it here as well: http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/hurricane-football/76-fire-larry-coker-thread-5.html

Back
Top Bottom