Wright-Hopkins To Fight July 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wright-Hopkins To Fight July 21

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins at 170 pounds (yes 170), 7/21/07 on HBO PPV.

Just saw it on the local news. No definite site set yet, but the early leaders are Madison Square Garden and Las Vegas.

Contract to be finalized in the next few days.

This is going to be a chess match with a low volume of punches thrown. Bernard will be working with Macky again so that will be to his advantage in that aspect. Add to that the fact that Winky is going to be fighting 10 pounds heavier then he has in his career and I think Bernard has to be the early favor. One thing that seems to be slipping on Winky is his defense because Taylor and Quartey were both able to slip punches through the cage that Winky uses. That has to become a concern, especially since Bernard looked real strong when he fought Tarver at light heavyweight. This could be a snore fest or it could be a decent fight, the first round will determine that right off the bat. Hopefully this is more like Taylor-Wright. If it's at the Garden I am there. But with these two basically partners in Golden Boy Productions (Winky's company is partners with GBP), this could be another De La Hoya-Bernard fight with a planned finish to keep the company healthy LMAO!

By the way, Cory Spinks retained his title tonight on an untelevised fight on the Adamek-Dawson undercard. Jesus Chavez lossed because he dislocated his knee in the third round but even before that he looked out of shape and didn't look mentally into the fight. Add this injury to the fact that elbow, knee, and shoulder injuries he's had in the past, and I think he's finished. He's 34, has had a lot of wars, has Levander Johnson on his conscious, and I think that mentally took him out of the sport. Hopefully the Diaz boys, Casamayor, and Popo can get down to business and show that lightweight is one of the best divisions in boxing!

Chad Dawson looked great tonight. Got caught in the 10th but shook it off and other then that won the fight in a landslide. At only 24 years old, the sky is the limit for this guy and I hope he dominates the light heavyweight division for years to come. Adamek is a tough S.O.B. and proved that again tonight but Dawson's style and speed was just to much to overcome and he was overmatched from the opening bell. Sugar Shane-Colazo next week, triple header on Boxing after Dark the week after that, and a great year of boxing looks to be in the works with Floyd-Oscar and now this match-up. With the rumor that Tito Trinidad is going to make yet another comeback against Cory Spinks (or Vargas) I think there's going to be a lot of familiar names on upcoming cards, for better or worse (Roy Jones too)!

Back
Top Bottom