WRs Come In For A Vist & More News (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WRs Come In For A Vist & More News (merged)

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
WRs Come In For A Vist & More News

WR's Visit
Chris Perkins reports for the Sun Sentinel that the Miami Dolphins will workout free agents WR Chris Jackson, WR Chris Sanders, WR Chris Coleman, WR Sean Dawkins, and WR Reidel Anthony on Friday.

Trying To Visit With Brown
The Miami Dolphins are trying to arrange a visit with free agent WR Na Brown, formerly of Philadelphia.

Players Sit
Miami Dolphins S Trent Gamble (groin), LB Twan Russell (knee), DE David Bowens (knee), and LT Mark Dixon (ankle) missed practice on Thursday. It is not known if they will play Sunday.

Hank Goldberg of WQAM talked to Wanny and reports that if Gadsden decides to have season ending sugery, we will seriously talk to Cris Carter

this would be great... he always talks about how great we are on HBO's Inside the NFL ..... He wants a SB ring BAD!!!.... He has a house down here..... HBO would let him go if he wanted too.....

LETS GET HIM!!! Now... im sorta hoping that gadsden has surgery, cuz i want him back next year and the next, and the next, etc. COMPLETELY healthy....

I find it very suprising we would bring in a guy with anything but a team comes first attitude after we have jettisoned anyone, i.e. DG, who did not fall into that category.

39, he always had a team first attitude. He just didn't get a long with Randy Moss. No one gets along with Randy Moss. Let the guy go, he's a great player who had a conflict with one guy for two years. Besides, if he was really that much of a problem, we could release him, it's not like we would give him a huge long-term deal. The cap hit would be very small.

I don't understand how playing the rest of season will help him innegotiation. What if he injures himself more. How does that help. I think he's more valuable if he has the procedure now then later. I defeniatly think he'll stay if we giving the right contract. Wanny and Spielman always find a way to get the a good contract for these guys.

The WR workout

Has anyone heard how the search for a journeyman WR went today?

Re: The WR workout

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Has anyone heard how the search for a journeyman WR went today?
with CC likely to play and OG considering skipping surgery they really cannot sign anyone, especially since we just signed a 4th QB to replace J, but no to answer your ?

OG needs to not hinder his carrer, and take the surgery. It's for the best. For him and the Dolphins

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Part of Carter`s contract would have to include taping his mouth shut.

Carter is cool...I dont think hes cancer...hes a dedicated Veteran trying to Win a S-Bowl...the problems started when Moss came in......and we all know who the real cancer was now!

WE must sign CARTER! he is as good, if not Better than Gadsen.

There's nothing really wrong with Cris Carter in the locker room. He demands excellence from his quarterback and the rest of his offense. In Minnesota, at some point it was becoming obvious that the trio of Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and Daunte Culpepper were just not working. Forget about the fact that Michael Bennett was sucking, the offensive line sucked, the defense was attrocious, and special teams were a disaster. Moss-Carter-Culpepper was supposed to be the team's STRENGTH. It was supposed to carry them.

And they were failing. So who did he go after first? Thats right, Moss and Culpepper. He didn't say **** to the defense that never quite learned that tackling someone requires more than just laying one mit on the runner and then laying down. He didn't say anything about Michael Bennett the rookie runner who was not shouldering the load they thought he could. Didn't say anything about the offensive line. He went after pro bowlers with HUGE A$$ contracts. And in retrospect, how could you not go after Randy Moss? Daunte Culpepper is no baby in this league he was a full grown pro bowl starter. If he's not performing up to snuff, you can call him out if your name is Cris Carter.

The only thing Cris really ever did that made me sour on him was how he handled his free agency tour this year, playing one team off the other and feigning interest in various teams. That was just stupidity though. Most agents do that. But somehow Carter made it look obvious.

Nonetheless I think any Carter rumors are just Red Herrings.

See I have a different take on it. I see Carter from his days in Philadelphia being a whiny brat. He calmed down in Minnesota bacause he was the focal point of the offense. Jake Reed was his complement and the quarterbacks changed seemingly every season. So he was the star, the one everyone up there rooted for. His Jersey probably led in sales for the Vikings too. Then Minnesota gets this talented rookie wideout and a bruising quarterback (if there is such a thing...). All of a sudden Carter is old news, yesterdays garbage. His spotlight was dimmed in favor of it being shined on someone else. He couldn't handle it so he started reverting back to his old ways and yelling at the two people who took that spotlight away. I think that point is very obvious.

Here is my question though. If he couldn't handle sharing a spotlight with two people in Minnesota, how can he possibly deal with it in Miai where the team is built around a running back (Williams), two young, future superstar recievers (Chambers, McMicheal) and a defense with at least 4 players who can be called all-pros(Thomas, Taylor, Madison and Surtain)? It is going to eat Carter alive to have to dela with all that. With those many people sharing a spotlight, Carter will be lucky to get some candlelight.

I say pass on Carter, Gadsen have surgery and bring in someone like a Reidel Anthony or something.

Well I hate to say you're wrong, but Carter really only became a "problem" in Minnesota last season...when the wheels fell off the whole frickin thing and all of them were high-strung to begin with over the death of a friend and teammate during practice.

That record-breaking offense with rookie Moss, Carter was everything BUT a problem in the locker room. The next season too, when Jeff George of all people (talk about locker room cancers) probably should have set off a battle of the me-me-me cancers, instead Carter and Moss went to bat on BEHALF of Jeff George. All this time, Carter and Moss, no problems. Getting along famously. Then Daunte Culpepper comes along and once again things are lighting up like a christmas tree and...you guessed it, NO PROBLEMS. Then the offense starts sucking badly, Daunte's not getting it done, and Moss is acting so childish that its RIDICULOUS...and worst than all that? They are losing.

You'd be surprised how many "high-character" NFL players would go after fellow teammates in that situation. Nobody on here seems willing to criticize Zach Thomas when in a similar situation after losing to the Jets last year he told teammates that they were "garbage" and that they were "stealing their paychecks" Oh, but I suppose thats different. That was our precious Zach Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom