WR's in this draft.

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
We have quite a few needs in this draft and most people agree WR isn't a major need for this team. I believe we do NEED a big reciever and this is the year to draft one.

Everyone knows about about Edwards and Williams but i think we would do just as well picking a WR in the 2nd round or later.

Possible 2nd rounder.

Matt Jones 6'6 240 lbs 4.39 40 - I would love to have this guy, but he may be a late 1st round selection after SKYING up the draft boards.

Possible mid 2nd rounder

Chris Henry - 6'4", 197, 4.5 - He has really good size and speed, but has a serious attitude problem. I think if he has the right coaching he could turn into a stud on the flip side he could be a bust. I don't think i would take him the 2nd, if he fell to us in the 3rd i would give it a shot.

3rd to 4th rounder

Vincent Jackson 6'5", 241, 4.51 - This is a guy i REALLY like. He played in D1-AA and that will hurt his stock as far as the draft goes. Other than that this guy has everything you want in a reciever. This is a guy i would definetly target in the 4th round where i believe he will be available.

I truely feel that the Dolphins should take a shot at one of these guys come draft day. Match any of these 3 with Ronnie Brown and our offense should start to become a major threat early in the 2005 season.
 

Boik14

Hammered
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
7,227
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NYC
Youre forgetting a few guys. i like Geoff MacArthur a lot (WR - Cal). broke his leg in last game of the year but hes a big target with reliable hands. Think Keenan McCardell. He should be around somewhere in the 5th-7th. Im very optimistic he could blossom into a stud a la Derrick Mason or McCardell who were 7th and I think McCardell was 8th or 10th rd cause at the time the draft went a lil further along

Other names to look at for a mid rd selection:
Fred Gibson (4th)
Roscoe Parrish (3rd/4th)
Craphonso Thorpe (2-3rd- Who's stats dont do him justice!)
JR Russell (4/5th)
Roddy White (2/3rd)
Charlie Brackins (3rd/4th)
Mark Bradley (4th/5th)
Craig Bragg (4th/5th)
Courtney Roby (3rd/4th)
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,106
Reaction score
20
Age
30
Location
East Berlin, PA
my sleeper wr of the whole draft is... JR Russell out of Louisville

hes like 6''3 200 lbs, the guy caught everything thrown his way there and was very productive but is just left out of the crowd of the wrs...reminds me alot of Ashley Lelie coming out of college, but hes much more solid and aint a risk
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Boik14 said:
Youre forgetting a few guys. i like Geoff MacArthur a lot (WR - Cal). broke his leg in last game of the year but hes a big target with reliable hands. Think Keenan McCardell. He should be around somewhere in the 5th-7th. Im very optimistic he could blossom into a stud a la Derrick Mason or McCardell who were 7th and I think McCardell was 8th or 10th rd cause at the time the draft went a lil further along

Other names to look at for a mid rd selection:
Fred Gibson (4th)
Roscoe Parrish (3rd/4th)
Craphonso Thorpe (2-3rd- Who's stats dont do him justice!)
JR Russell (4/5th)
Roddy White (2/3rd)
Charlie Brackins (3rd/4th)
Mark Bradley (4th/5th)
Craig Bragg (4th/5th)
Courtney Roby (3rd/4th)
I wasn't forgetting any guys. I picked the best 3 Big guys that should be available after round 1. We already have 4 Wr's on the team that are in the 5'11 to 6'2 range and i think we should go for one of the 6'5 studs in this draft.

I don't see a need for another short to medium sized reciever on this team since we have pretty good players that size already.

Oh, and Fred Gibson may be 6'4 but he's a friggin pu$$y like Todd Stinkston.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,049
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
England
I like Mike Williams, but that really isn't going to happen.

I'd love us to pick up Roscoe in the 3rd round.
 

Boik14

Hammered
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
7,227
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NYC
Cheapshotz said:
I wasn't forgetting any guys. I picked the best 3 Big guys that should be available after round 1. We already have 4 Wr's on the team that are in the 5'11 to 6'2 range and i think we should go for one of the 6'5 studs in this draft.

I don't see a need for another short to medium sized reciever on this team since we have pretty good players that size already.

Oh, and Fred Gibson may be 6'4 but he's a friggin pu$$y like Todd Stinkston.
Heh, he does have alligator arms. No debating that. he also has nice ability if some team can get him to work just a bit harder.
 

NorthFloridaFin

Bring on the Ted Ginn Era
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
862
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Apalachicola, FL
[

Other names to look at for a mid rd selection:
Fred Gibson (4th)
Roscoe Parrish (3rd/4th)
Craphonso Thorpe (2-3rd- Who's stats dont do him justice!)
JR Russell (4/5th)
Roddy White (2/3rd)
Charlie Brackins (3rd/4th)
Mark Bradley (4th/5th)
Craig Bragg (4th/5th)
Courtney Roby (3rd/4th)[/QUOTE]


Roddy White will go in the first round, no doubt.
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Buddwalk said:
my sleeper wr of the whole draft is... JR Russell out of Louisville

hes like 6''3 200 lbs, the guy caught everything thrown his way there and was very productive but is just left out of the crowd of the wrs...reminds me alot of Ashley Lelie coming out of college, but hes much more solid and aint a risk
Yeah, he might not be bad in the later rounds, i read his bio and it looks pretty good. With Feeley at QB I belive a tall receiver would really help him alot this year in the red zone.
 

BassFin

Starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
674
Reaction score
2
Location
Orlando
finsnchips said:
I like Mike Williams, but that really isn't going to happen.

I'd love us to pick up Roscoe in the 3rd round.
I've been on your Mike Williams bandwagon all along. I like Ronnie Brown a lot but this kid is such a freak it's unreal. I really hope that he's the pick. And it wouldn't surprise me the least if he was. Lately he's been shooting up the boards. And in the new system, a WR like Williams would be the perfect compliment to Chambers. They can stretch the field it'll give whatever runningback that lines up behind center more of a chance to break one.

And Saban hasn't said much about him which makes me wonder...
 

JohnDolphin73

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Bradenton
Vicent Jackson is my pick, he has all the tools and coming from DivI-AA good be benefical to us. I believe he will go in the 3rd round, now way he will drop the the 4th. He has been projected as a the next TO. You put Chambers, Booker, Jackson, and Gilmoreor Thompson with a quality RB, that would be a right way to improve this offense.
 
Top Bottom