Wtf?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wtf?!

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Last night I was watching ESPNews and I could have sworn that Dan Pasquerelli reported that not only did Dave retain his job, but Wayne also gave him an extension through 2005.

If this is the case, how can you go from not announcing a coach's future until after the last game, to giving him another year? This doesn't make sense to me. It is one thing to give the guy another shot and taking some power away from him, but how does he deserve an extension?

Someone please tell me that I heard this wrong, or explain to me WTF is going on in Wayne's head. I thought Wayne said that just making the playoffs wasn't enough ~ They couldn't even do that!!! This SH:down:T is getting old.

2005, 2006, 2007,...etc....

That does not matter. If Wayne wants him gone he is gone. No matter when his contract ends....... :)

But then again I think Nick Saben should have been hired. Along with a new O & D & ST coaches!!!!

The Phins need strong coaching!!!!

I read (in the Herald I believe...)

that the extension is more about "financial security" than "job security". Wanny is still going to be coaching in a hot seat position, assuming he can swallow his pride about the demotion and accept the fact that people like you will be hanging or burning effigies of him for the next year.

Re: I read (in the Herald I believe...)

Originally posted by GazPhin
that the extension is more about "financial security" than "job security". Wanny is still going to be coaching in a hot seat position, assuming he can swallow his pride about the demotion and accept the fact that people like you will be hanging or burning effigies of him for the next year.

I am not hugely pissed (maybe a little) that he is coming back next year. I like the fact that they are hiring a GM and they better get a starting QB.

I was just curious how Wayne could act like Dave's future was in the balance, and then give him an extension. Just a little confused ~ That's all. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom