WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades

In the 1st qtr we were badly outplayed. The rest of the game was fairly even, but we made the critical plays to win.

How many times have we seen over the Sparano years our team outplay the other team and LOSE!!! I was screaming about that in the chat when we went up 10-6.

We had been getting dominated, yet we were leading by 4 points thanks to the fact THEY were the team settling for FGs and we made two big plays to score 10 points..... the pass to Moore and the turnover on STs to give us a FG. Thats why we won the game.

We really only had a couple of good drives the whole game, but we cashed it in for 2 TDs, made a big STs play to get us a FG, and forced the other team to try FGs..... they missed a couple and made a couple.... they LOSE. We WIN!

Yep, a culture change is in the air.

We used to be the team that would outplay our opponents only to lose at the end, now we're able to pull out wins even when we don't play our best.

Philbin could be something special, like the next great head coach of this decade type special. From the way he's developing Tannehill, the game planning, the halftime adjustments, the game management, the aggressiveness at the end of games, the disciple (I couldn't remember the last time we had a false start and you could see how upset everybody was at Jerry when he committed one) and the aggressiveness. With Philbin at the helm homefield advantage is going to become a reality again, if it wasn't for that missed kick against the Jets I think we could have gone 8-0 at Sun Life this season.

Tony MorOno would NEVER HAD TRIED THAT RISKY FAKE PUNT that the GALAXY-SIZED TESTICLED Joe Philbin did. Philbin rocks!!!

We're 3-3, our rookie QB threw 2 touchdown passes, and continues to get better every week. I think this qualifies as a "feel good" win. I haven't felt this good as Dolphins fan in several years.

Right on. Couldn't have said it better. We could win the Super Bowl and someone would complain about something though. Some people are never happy.

You had me at, "Go **** yourself!!!" to the negative nancies WVDOLFAN.

Has anyone seen Philbin's nut sack? If you havent, just look outside your window. If youre within a 300 mile radius of S. Florida, it will be visable. Hayden Fox's chin can be seen under there somewhere.  WV fcking ROCKS LIKE JOE PHILBIN! Haha!

Great post WV. I like Hartline and Bess...they are solid guys...but you are right they drew some tough covers with Finnegan and Jenkins...thats one of the better tandems in the league IMO. I wish we would have let Tannehill try and close out the game there at the end rather than run right up the gut...but hey it worked out just fine.

Well as bad as our secondary needs help and we need that alpha type reciever to open things up I will take the win and give Philbin the credit of pulling a Hudini act and looking like days of old when we had Don Shula. Good to see another rookie take off Vernon, another weapon make a showing Moore and even inconsistent Clay still be involved in the game plan when the Rams took away our 3 play makers on offense with Bush running the ball, Hartline and Bess catching it. You knew that some team was finally going to do that and Philbin was prepared. Special teams played really special and I believe outside RT made the difference today. Nice write up WV.

Tannehill was the best player on the field today. This team dodged two huge bullets by 'missing' out on Jeff Fisher and insert name of quarterback not named Ryan Tannehill here.

What was Jeff Fisher thinking at the end of the game? I don't know. I'm just glad the guy who called the fake punt to take critical seconds off the clock was coaching our team, and the guy who decided to let time run off the clock to attempt a 66 yard field goal was coaching the other team.

I think the fact that Philbin didn't call a timeout to ice him there is pretty telling, its like he didn't want to give Fisher the extra time to come to his senses.

Yeah I guess It feels weird because Rams dominated the game stats wise yet I felt Miami should have won by more like 24-6. Just a weird game. Hopefully they use this BYE week to come out strong in two weeks.
That's incrediobly unrealistic and you don't follow other football teams or think these are the rams of the past to think they would be an easy win. Also you don't blame kickers for loses you should never rely on kickers to win that's on the offense

I think the fact that Philbin didn't call a timeout to ice him there is pretty telling, its like he didn't want to give Fisher the extra time to come to his senses.

At that point his only other choice was a hail mary with only 4 seconds left.

Sparano on the other hand wouldve been confused by the fact Fisher was standing there by the official and thought "I'll outsmart him and call TO myself since he dosent want to." Sparano's dumbass wouldve called TO for him with 20 seconds left, Rams go for it on 4th, pick up a 1st down, call TO, nail a 52 yarder to tie the game. Guaranteed.

Not much different than when that Morono called a TO for the Saints who were just trying to kick an innocent FG before the half to cut a lead of 20 to 17. Instead Morono calls TO for them just to get his FG defense in there and of course the Saints realize they can get a huge TD if they take a risk and cut the lead to 13.

Has anyone seen Philbin's nut sack? If you havent, just look outside your window. If youre within a 300 mile radius of S. Florida, it will be visable. Hayden Fox's chin can be seen under there somewhere.  WV fcking ROCKS LIKE JOE PHILBIN! Haha!

Lmao. Gold.

Philbin and Tannehill get better each game! Get them a few more weapons and it is bye bye Patriots hello Dolphins on top the AFC East!

At that point his only other choice was a hail mary with only 4 seconds left.

Sparano on the other hand wouldve been confused by the fact Fisher was standing there by the official and thought "I'll outsmart him and call TO myself since he dosent want to." Sparano's dumbass wouldve called TO for him with 20 seconds left, Rams go for it on 4th, pick up a 1st down, call TO, nail a 52 yarder to tie the game. Guaranteed.

Not much different than when that Morono called a TO for the Saints who were just trying to kick an innocent FG before the half to cut a lead of 20 to 17. Instead Morono calls TO for them just to get his FG defense in there and of course the Saints realize they can get a huge TD if they take a risk and cut the lead to 13.

in all seriousness, I could easily Sparano doing that exact thing. After that saints game I knew we had an imbecile as our head coach. I was screaming at the tv to let them kick the field goal.

Has anyone seen Philbin's nut sack? If you havent, just look outside your window. If youre within a 300 mile radius of S. Florida, it will be visable. Hayden Fox's chin can be seen under there somewhere. WV fcking ROCKS LIKE JOE PHILBIN! Haha!

I can see those nuts right outside of Eaton!

in all seriousness, I could easily Sparano doing that exact thing. After that saints game I knew we had an imbecile as our head coach. I was screaming at the tv to let them kick the field goal.

No kidding. Seriously, with as big of a handicap having Tony Sparano as HC and Chad Henne as QB was, I dont know how those teams won a single ****ing game. The OL and DL had to completely dominate for 60 minutes and half of the time when they did we still lost.

As I said in other threads and you did a great job pointing out, the Rams D came in here and did a great job, they made very few mistakes, and the one big one led to Moore's TD. Now people may say that was an easy throw, but I've seen our QBs miss that throw badly over the last couple of years. So I know something like that is not to be taken for granted

Back
Top Bottom