X-Pacolypse's Final Mock Draft: v3.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X-Pacolypse's Final Mock Draft: v3.0

X-Pacolypse

Active Roster
Reaction score
Barring any trades for more picks, this will be the final one. I wanted to do it tommorrow, but I figured... Why wait? So, here it is. As always, comments are welcome.

1. CB Darius Butler, University of Connecticut
2a. OLB Clint Sintim, University of Virginia
2b. OG Andy Levitre, Oregon State University
3. NT Dorell Scott, Clemson University
4. TE James Casey, Rice University
5. ILB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic University
6. WR Demetrius Byrd, Louisiana State University
7. CB Christopher Owens, San Jose State University
7. FB Brock Bolen, University of Louisville

I like it, but idk if we wait 6 rounds to take a WR...

Well, the reason I put WR so low is that when you look at this regime's history, they like taking WR's in the lower rounds. Look at their track record in Dallas. Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Isiah Stanbeck, etc. all receivers were taken late in the Draft. Shoot, remember how Miami got Davone Bess? Go back even further in Bill's history with WR's, look at where he got Wayne Chrebet at with Jets, as well as Troy Brown with the Patriots.

good point...idk i just have a feeling they have a hard-on for britt/nicks...

They may very well like Hakeem Nicks. They way I see it, you have to be pretty damn special as a WR for this group to draft you in the 1st round. Otherwise, WR's are a dime a dozen for this group.

if either of those two, Jared Cook drop to #44...i would pretty much assume that we would go receiver there

If Nicks dropped to #44, then it's a whole new ball game. I don't think he will, but it would be equivalent to Phillip Merling dropping to us at #32 last year. Nicks would be a steal at #44.

Good mock. Realistic in that it fits Parcell's/Ireland's style, team needs plus those guys should be there.

In spite of all the clamoring, I also do not see them taking a WR on day 1 and agree with the points made to support that. A guy like Nicks could very well end up being the guy at #25 simply because it works out that way in terms of value and who's left on the board, but I don't see it happening.

Good job X. Love the D. Byrd pick as I've thought highly of the guy all season.

Thanks. Byrd's senior season was primarily poor due to the revolving door at quarterback this past season at LSU. Between Andrew Hatch, and Jarrett Lee, Bryd couldn't get anything consistent going. It was tough choosing between Byrd and Dudley Guice, but in all honesty... You can't go wrong with either one.

we need a wr not a ol in the 2nd round we are missing a playmaker at wr we havent had one since gadsden OG

Demetrius Byrd, a former wide receiver for Louisiana State University, is reportedly in an Intensive Care Unit at Jackson Memorial Center in Miami, Florida following a car accident

Demetrius Byrd, a former wide receiver for Louisiana State University, is reportedly in an Intensive Care Unit at Jackson Memorial Center in Miami, Florida following a car accident

It was reported that he is expected to make a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom