y NFL Full 2nd Round Mock of 09 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

y NFL Full 2nd Round Mock of 09 Draft

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
Solely Based on records as they stand right now....not including playoffs...
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html
1 Detroit-Andre Smith,OT out of Alabama(6'5",340)
Smith is the best OT in the draft,and as much as they would like to take a stab at QB with Bradford,you have to build an NFL line,to block for your NFL QB(i.e. Joey Harrington)

2 St. Louis-Sam Bradford,QB out of Oklahoma(6'4",214)
Bradford is he best QB prospect available,and will make for a great QB one day in the NFL.I dont think he'll start his rookie season(Matt Ryan),cause they have Marc Bulger already...who will at least manage,til Bradford is comfortable in St. Louis

3 Kansas City-Aaron Curry,OLB out of Wake Forrest(6'3",247)
Curry is the best impact player comnig out in all of the draft.I can honestly see him comnig out in his rookie season and being up for the consistant start,week-in and week-out

4 Seattle-Eugene Monroe,OT out of Virginia(6'6",318)
Eugene is the top senior prospect for tackles,and will be the 1st or 2nd to go come April

5 Cleveland-Chris "Beenie" Wells,RB out of Ohio STate(6'1",237)
Chris remains the best back avaiable in the draft so far.For the QB of the future,speaking of Brady Quinn,of course,you need a reliable back,which doesn't exsist in Cleveland....at least not long-term

6 Cincinnati-Michael Oher,OT out of Ole Miss(6'5",314)
he is an elite tackle,who is very heavy,has a nice build and can move well,and can get better in all phases of the position

7 Oakland-Malcom Jenkins,CB out of Ohio State(6'1",200)
The Raiders are in a hard spot here.No impact linemen worthy here,not to mention no WRs worthy as Crabtree committed another season at Texas Tech,the Raiders are forced to go CB,as they released DeAngelo Hall mid-season.Asmougha's franchise tag is over,but can be tagged one more time next season,and even if they do,I doubt he stays after 09-010 season,so you might as well get a replacement for whats going to be a bad secondary

8 Jacksonville-Jason Smith,OT out of Baylor(6'5",298)
Jacksonvillie really needs as much o-line help as possible.Its sad that their offenive line is almost as bad as their receivers,when they have talent EVERY else on offense than those two key positions

9 Green Bay-Aaron Maybin,DE out of Penn State(6'4",236)
W/ Cody committing another season at Alabama,not to mention the fact that all the OT worthy of this pick are gone,the are forced to go DE here,sicne KGB fell off,Kampman needs an opposite

10 San Francisco-Michael Stafford,QB out of Georgia(6'3",237)
What a turnaround Mike Singletarys ahd w/ this team,and rightfully so,got a 4 year/$10M dollar contract.They finish the season 7-9 with VERY inconsistant QB play...imagine in a few years what Stafford would do....um,I dont nkow if you've noticed Frisco fans,but you got a little druel on the corner of your mouth

11 Buffalo-Jermaine Gresham,TE out of Oklahoma(6'6",261)
Gresham is the best TE available in the draft,and will fit in nicely in this very balanced offense thats just missing one more piece

12 Denver-William Moore,SS out of Missouri(6'1",230)
Denver's secondary has been getting torched over,and over,and over again.Its time to stabilize their secondary with the best safety the draft offers

13 Washington-Brian Orakpo,DE out of Texas(6'4",260)
Orakpro is absically the BPA here,but I could also see them going Mays here aswell,but I think Orakpo is much more necessary.Seeing how trading for my Dolphins Jason Taylor,and with the multiple injuries suffered on the 4-3 line,you have to start the process again,and Orakpo would be a great start

14 New Orleans-Taylor Mays,FS out of USC(6'4",230)
Mays is a one-of-a-kind football player.He is not only a freak of nature of size at the safety position,but he also has 4.4+ speed,which is lightning for a guy of his size,not to mention he hits like a buick...New Orleans desperately need an impact player in he secondary

15 Houston-Michael Johnson,DE out of Georgia Tech(6'6",260)
you could not picture a better a betetr 4-3 line than this.Imagine:you have Mario Williams on the right side,Okoye in the middle,some...other guy in the middle,and Johnson on the left side...thats a scarry 4 down linemen to go up against

16 San Diego-Tyson Jackson,DE out of LSU(6'5",292)
Word around the league is that the Chargers arent intending on bringing back Olshansky(their 3-4 DE).Tyson has perfect size to double with Castillio,and Williams in the middle to regain a threatening 3-4 front

17 New York Jets-Ray Maualuga,ILB out of USC(6'2",262)
Ray is the best ILB in the draft here,and would be a great fit for the jets 3-4

18 Chicago-Jeremy Maclin,WR out of Missouri(6'1",200)
Hopefully the Bears will finally realize you actually need a WR,so your QB can...I don't know...actually suceed?

19 Tampa Bay-B.J. Raji,NT out of Boston College(6'1",323)
Tampa's defense cannot stop the run,and thats mainly because they have scrubs and old people on the defensive side of the ball.Raji can stuff the holes,and allow Ruud,Brooks,June,etc. to make more plays in the backfield

20 Detroit (from Dallas)-James Laurinaitis,MLB out of Ohio State(6'4",245)
Detriots defense can use all the help he can get,and they get some here w/ the best 4-3 MLB in the draft

21 Arizona-Everette Brown,DE/OLB out of Florida State(6'4",248)
Brown is one of the fastest linebackers/defensive ends in the draft,and does a good job wrapping up and maknig clutch plays,which apperantly,is needed in Arizona after the past weeks I've witnessed

22 Philadelphia-Duke Robinson,OG/OT out of Oklahoma(6'5",335)
Duke is the best offensive linemen in this draft,IMO,and can play at guard til Runyan retires,or if he retires,you plug Robinson into the RT spot,and the Eagles are golden

23 Minnesota-Vontae Davis,CB out of Illinois(6'0",204)'
Davis is a great talent,who should be a top-15 pick,but falls due to the overload of juniors coming out,but still find himself in a great situation w/ a pretty good team that playoff bound,so long as they stay healthy and Tavaris remains consistant

24 New England-Brian Cushing,OLB out of USC(6'3",255)
The Pats look to fill in the dusted players w/ need blood,as Cushing is a great 3-4 linebacker that gets over shadowed by Maualuga,but is a fine player himself

25 Atlanta-Vince Oghobaase,NT out of Duke(6'6",310)
A good fit for a 4-3 NT,and is strong,good size,and a nicebuild,w/ a frame that would allow him to add/lose weight,and still be strong enough to handle his own

26 Miami-Clint Sintim,OLB out of Virginia(6'3",254)
Clint has been rising in college ranks,but also in NFL projections,and has established himself as a late-first rounder,and m Phins get their hands on the next Terrell Suggs for their own 3-4

27 Baltimore-Darrius Heyward-bey,WR out of Maryland(6'3",199)
The Ravens grab a hometown favorite in Bey,and look to develop him as a features star in that rising offense

28 Philadelphia (from Carolina)-Brandon Spikes,MLB out of Florida(6'4",245)
Philly could sure a playmaker like Spikes.I know they have Bradley,so if they still like him in the middle,they could move Spikes over to SOLB,which Im totally sure he can handle.This guy is just a football player,so no worries where to set him

29 Indianapolis-Peria Jerry,DT out of Ole Miss(6'2",297)
Jerry would be replacing former Colt,Ed Johnson,who was released at the beginning of the season due to off-field issues.Anyway,Perry is a rushing DT,which fits the criteria of a Colts DT

30 Pittsburgh-Jamon Meredith,OT out of South Carolina(6'5",310)
Pittsburgh,if you like having Rothelisberger as your Franchise QB,I suggest you get some linemen that actually BLOCK

31 New York Giants-George Selvie,OLB/DE out of South Florida(6'4",245)
Selvie has fallen tremendously,but he does benefit by going to the New York Giants

32 Tennessee-Alphonso Smith,CB out of Wake Forrest(5'9",190)
Smith is a small corner,but makes up for that w/ aggressivness,heart,and consistanty gameplay

33 DET-D.J. Moore,CB out of Vanderbilt(5'10",182)
34 STL-Herman Johnson,OG out of LSU(6'7",351)
35 KC-Larry English,DE out of Northern illinois(6'3",255)
36 SEA-Greg Hardy,OLB out of Ole Miss(6'3",262)
37 CLE-Macus Freeman,OLB out of Ohio State(6'1",239)
38 CIN-Alex Mack,C/OG out of California(6'5",317)
39 OAK-William Beatty,OT out of Connecticut(6'6",306)
40 JAC-Darry Beckwith,MLB out of LSU(6'1",235)
41 GB-Phil Loadholt,OT out of Oklahoma(6'8",337)
42 SF-Percy Harvin,WR out of Florida(5'11",195)
43 BUF-Matt Shaughnessy,DE out of Wisconsin(6'6",253)
44 DEN-Danelle Ellerbe,MLB out of Georgia(6'1",232)
45 MIA(from WAS)-Jasper Brinkley,ILB out of South Carolina(6'2",275)
46 NYG(from NO)-Darius Butler,CB out of Connecticut(5'11",185)
47 HOU-Mike Mickens,CB out of Cincinnati(6'0",190)
48 NE(from SD)-Worrell Williams,ILB out of California(6'0",250)
49 GB(from NYJ)-Fili Moala,DT out of USC(6'5",295)
50 CHI-Alex Boone,OT out of Ohio State(6'8",312)
51 TB-Knowshon Moreno,RB out of Georgia(5'11",197)
52 DAL-Kraig Ubrik,OG out of Wisconsin(6'6",332)
53 ARI-Victor Harris,CB out of Virginia Tech(6'0",192)
54 PHI-James Davis,RB out fo Clemson(5'11",210)
55 MIN-Cody Brown,DE out of Connecticut(6'3",248)
56 NE-Tevard Lindley,CB out of Kentucky(6'0",175)
57 ATL-Brandon Pettigrew,TE out of Oklahoma State(6'6",260)
58 MIA-Hakeem Nicks,WR out of North Carolina(6'1",215)
59 BAL-Joshua Mauga,IBL out of Nevada(6'2",245)
60 CAR-Evander Hood,DT out of Missouri(6'4",296)
61 IND-Johnathan Casillas,OLB out of Wisconsin(6'2",226)
62 PIT-Terrance Taylor,DE out of Michigan(6'0",308)
63 NYG-Kenny Britt,WR out of Rutgers(6'4",215)
64 TEN-Juquin Iglesias,WR out of Oklahoma(6'0",204)

I dont think your draft order is correct.

The Pats should be locked in at 20 (best record that didnt make the playoffs)
The Chargers are not 16th, they are in the playoffs and can not pick any better then 21st (if they lose this week)

also, we have the 44th pick in the 2nd round not the 45th. Washington rotates up a slot in the 2nd round

If Victor Harris, CB, Va Tech is there at #44 and we skip him I will be pissed.

DT from duke annoucned he is returning for his SR season.

If Victor Harris, CB, Va Tech is there at #44 and we skip him I will be pissed.

I agree, I'd take him over Brinkley who is slated way too high there IMO.

I'd be happy with that all-ACC draft of Clint Sintim, Victor Harris, and Hakeem Nicks.

I also don't think Nicks will be there at that spot, but it would be nice.

32 Tennessee-Alphonso Smith,CB out of Wake Forrest(5'9",190)
Smith is a small corner,but makes up for that w/ aggressivness,heart,and consistanty gameplay

42 SF-Percy Harvin,WR out of Florida(5'11",195)

44 DEN-Danelle Ellerbe,MLB out of Georgia(6'1",232)
51 TB-Knowshon Moreno,RB out of Georgia(5'11",197)

i dont think tennessee will go with a corner in the 1st round. finnegan and harper are pretty solid. finnegan made the probowl. titans biggest need is WR.

no way percy makes it out of the 1st round.

same goes for moreno, if he is projected in the 2nd, he will stay in school as he is only a soph anyway.

ellerbee had been hurt this year and hasnt been all that productive when he did play. it would take one hell of a combine for him to go that early.

i dont think tennessee will go with a corner in the 1st round. finnegan and harper are pretty solid. finnegan made the probowl. titans biggest need is WR.

no way percy makes it out of the 1st round.

same goes for moreno, if he is projected in the 2nd, he will stay in school as he is only a soph anyway.

ellerbee had been hurt this year and hasnt been all that productive when he did play. it would take one hell of a combine for him to go that early.
hes a junior...

and Percy fell cause of health issues and the masses of juniors coming out

I dont think your draft order is correct.

The Pats should be locked in at 20 (best record that didnt make the playoffs)
The Chargers are not 16th, they are in the playoffs and can not pick any better then 21st (if they lose this week)

Reading is fundamental...

Solely Based on records as they stand right now....not including playoffs...

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

its the first thing I wrote....:rolleyes:

hes a junior...

and Percy fell cause of health issues and the masses of juniors coming out

no, knowshon moreno is a redshirt sophmore. not a junior.

percy harvin wont drop out of the 1st round. he hasnt had any major injuries like knee trouble. if ginn goes top 10 then harvin goes in the 1st round. he is a better football player then ginn as well as 4.2 speed.

Reading is fundamental...

its the first thing I wrote....:rolleyes:

well, while reading is fundamental, that has nothing to do with the fact that the draft order is wrong. The fact that SD is listed at 16 and the Pats are 24th (or whatever they are) is incorrect <PERIOD> regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

AND the Redskins pick in the 2nd round (ours) is the 44th not whatever is listed. Once again rgardless of what happens in the playoffs. I was just pointing out the order was incorrect, no need to get butt hurt... :(

and the guy you have going #1 over all just got suspended from his teams bowl game.

Back
Top Bottom