Yanks sign Dotel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks sign Dotel

Man, I was hoping the Sox got him. Dotel is pretty good when healthy.

I agree I think this is a very good signing by the Yankees. I also wanted the Red Sox to try and work out a deal becaue I think being in a set up role Dotel will be very good. (Hopefully he sucks with the Yankees though ;) )

This sucks, it could be a steal for the Yankees...

I guess we'll just have to tee off on Farnsworth that much more whenever he enters the game.

when healthy, he's a pretty good set-up man. (but horrible closer)

Dotel-Farnesworth-Rivera > Sturtze-Gordon-Rivera

Take it from me...an A's fan. The guy is a horror show as a closer.

He was a great setup man in Houston though. A good signing if his arm holds up.

The Yanks pen is much improved this year. Their rotation is still a pending disaster.

finswin56 said:
The Yanks pen is much improved this year. Their rotation is still a pending disaster.

The rotation has 7 starters. They only need 5 for the regular season and 4 for the playoffs. I have a like the odds of at least 4 stepping up and having decent years out of the 7.

Bull pen is starting to resemble something strong. :D

MikeO said:
The rotation has 7 starters. They only need 5 for the regular season and 4 for the playoffs. I have a like the odds of at least 4 stepping up and having decent years out of the 7.
Numbers or not... Would you want that rotation to lead YOUR team to a World Series? It didn't hold up last year, and it really isn't much different this year, except everyone is another year older.

coming off pretty serious surgery... might not be ready until June...

Phinz4Life said:
Bull pen is starting to resemble something strong. :D

:yes: They're going to be vastly improved from last season. I like Farnsworth as well. Farnsworth should be a nice replacement for Gordon, who was clearly slipping last season. Dotel adds another dimension to the Yankees bullpen. Myers and Villone should be good additions as well.

finswin56 said:
Numbers or not... Would you want that rotation to lead YOUR team to a World Series? It didn't hold up last year, and it really isn't much different this year, except everyone is another year older.

Well, you hope Wright and Pavano stay healthy. That would be huge

MikeO said:
Well, you hope Wright and Pavano stay healthy. That would be huge

Actually, if I was a Yanks fan, I'd be just as happy if Wright got hurt. Before Leo Mazzone's Magic Dust turned him into a good starter for a year and change, Wright was a disaster. Write it off as a bad signing, deal him somewhere else and pick up 2/3 of the contract.

Fortunately for the Yankees, the chances of Wright staying healthy for a whole year are about the same as my chances of scoring with Maria Sharapova.

Back
Top Bottom