Yanks trade Sheffield to Detroit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks trade Sheffield to Detroit

mjwenz said:
Humberto Sanchez is going to be a stud, he is a horse.

And, he is loving this trade...he is from THE BRONX!

damn right can you imagine hughes and sanchez?

the thing about sanchez is he has had elbow problems, i think he has never had surgery to repair anything just to take out scarred tissue out of his elbow

but i mean it seems every young pitcher is getting elbow injuries, just comes with pitching

the kid i believe is going to be a stud pitcher

I guess the reason it took 3 days for Detroit to agree to this trade is because they were talking about Bonds.

Bonds and Leyland are tight from their Pittsburgh days. And they thought of bringing him in and I guess Bonds was open to the idea because he knows its gonna be tough for him to find a new home and he might jump on any team that wants him. West coast or not.

It's interesting. Sheff is a better player NOW compared to Bonds. But with Bonds you aren't tied up for 3 years with big money.

I remember when I first saw this on ESPN I was in shock. I knew he would possibly be moved, but to the AL Champions? I don't know If it was as good of a move as one thinks.

Prime Time said:
I remember when I first saw this on ESPN I was in shock. I knew he would possibly be moved, but to the AL Champions? I don't know If it was as good of a move as one thinks.

The same AL champs who did nothing in the World Series and who ended the regular season playing like garbage.

This move shows that while the Tigers beat the Yanks in the playoffs and were the better team, that NY doesn't see them as this unbeatable team that is sooooooo good that by giving them Sheff they are that much better!

MikeO said:
The same AL champs who did nothing in the World Series and who ended the regular season playing like garbage.

This move shows that while the Tigers beat the Yanks in the playoffs and were the better team, that NY doesn't see them as this unbeatable team that is sooooooo good that by giving them Sheff they are that much better!

So this move reflects the Yankees' perception of the Tigers? And that changes things how?

The Yankees got the better end of this deal. Sanchez is the real deal and Whelan is a nice second piece. But the reasons why Detroit won't be a factor are Minnesota and Cleveland, not because the Yankees don't see them as an unbeatable team.

Back
Top Bottom