Yanks win Igawa rights | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks win Igawa rights

I saw an blurb yesterday where Matsui said Igawa was really good and Matsui's career #s against igawa were pretty bad. Maybe h's not as bad as people seem to think?

Ray Finkle said:
The difference between guys like Igawa, Ichiro and Matzusaka is that there still have contracts with their team which is why there's a bidding. There was a bid for Ichiro which was 13 million I believe.

Guys like both Matsuis and the lefty RP the Sox signed today were free agents and thus could talk to any team they wanted.

Ahhhh...thanks, didnt realize that.

Hey, have you heard the rumors that if Matsusaka doesnt sign with Red Sox his Japan team will be ticked and ship him to their minors since its an insult while under contract to request to play in MLB?????

Heard it on MLB.TV and they said especially since his Japan Club is hurting financially they want the $51M more than they want him back.

If true, this could explain why Boston is nowhere near his demands and trying to force him to a lower contract since he feels he has no options.

nyjunc said:
I saw an blurb yesterday where Matsui said Igawa was really good and Matsui's career #s against igawa were pretty bad. Maybe h's not as bad as people seem to think?

Yeah, saw that.....Igawa led the Japan league in K's several times. He must have something working for him, and only 27 so as a projected 3rd, 4th, or 5th starter he could hold his own I suspect.

BigDogsHunt said:
Yeah, saw that.....Igawa led the Japan league in K's several times. He must have something working for him, and only 27 so as a projected 3rd, 4th, or 5th starter he could hold his own I suspect.

he's a strikeout pitcher who can give ya 200 innings.

That is what NY wanted. A durable strikeout pitcher who is healthy. (honestly, they are hoping he is what they wanted Jaret Wright to be but never was)

BigDogsHunt said:
Heard it on MLB.TV and they said especially since his Japan Club is hurting financially they want the $51M more than they want him back.

If true, this could explain why Boston is nowhere near his demands and trying to force him to a lower contract since he feels he has no options.

Another hold up is this Matsuzki's wife is a model/tv personality and she wanted to go to LA or NY for HER career as well. And she isn't too high on going to Boston. So, this kid's wife could have him not take any of a lesser offer to go to Boston. Wait a year and go through this again to get what she wants.

Power of the poon-tang!!

BigDogsHunt said:
Ahhhh...thanks, didnt realize that.

Hey, have you heard the rumors that if Matsusaka doesnt sign with Red Sox his Japan team will be ticked and ship him to their minors since its an insult while under contract to request to play in MLB?????

Well, a larger part of it is that Japanese clubs don't want a rep for not being able to deliver the player after they post for a transfer (not that the Seibu Lions have much to do with the contract talks between the Red Sox and Matsuzaka).

Honestly, all talk about Matsuzaka's wife and Scott Boras and everyone else who's being a problem aside, this will get done. I guarantee it. There's way too much to lose by it falling through, and absolutely nothing for anyone to gain.

Back
Top Bottom