Yates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yates

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Reaction score
This guy seems to pull well and be able to hit a moving target whats his downside ?? I know he slid because he was hurt his senior year can he be pushed around at the LOS or what ???

He'll get a look in pre-season and we'll see what he can do there.

Ozzy rules!!

RAVENS GAME

I agree, I like BILLY YATES, I thought he did very well when he came in the 2nd half of the RAVENS game and did a solid job. I think he totally outplayed Todd Perry and derserved more looks there last season.I think he will be in the running for the right guard spot and at worst a quality backup.Speaking of that PUDD Perry!!! Not to get off on a tangent, I still don't know why we ever got rid of Kevin Donnelly for Todd Perry? I know that Donnelly just retired, but at the time Donnelly was arguably our best lineman and Dave brought in Perry. Glad to see that overpayed turd gone!!

COMPLETELY agree on perry DONALLY was one mean SOB and the heart of our line when he was here. it PISSED me of big time when we let him walk.

Always a big DONNELLY fan even when he was with the OILERS. I was stoked when JIMMY brought him here. He always played with a chip on his shoulder which is a valuable instinct for linemen.I am a Wanny backer but he Sh&* the bed on that one!He proved his worth here! I was happy to see him do well in CAROLINA, and I like what he had to say about our newest DOLPHIN in Jeno James saying he was literally a ROADGRADER for the PANTHERS last season! I trust his evaluation over anybody!

I wouldn't call Perry a "turd". It's not like the guy loafed or anything. He always brought it. He just wasn't that talented a player.

Still, it must have been tough focusing at times with the thoughts of your mother dying of cancer 1500 miles away always in the back of your mind.

Originally posted by Muck
I wouldn't call Perry a "turd". It's not like the guy loafed or anything. He always brought it. He just wasn't that talented a player.

Still, it must have been tough focusing at times with the thoughts of your mother dying of cancer 1500 miles away always in the back of your mind.
lmao..turd is a funny word dude:lol:

Our HS coach always liked using that word. One time, he told one of my friends he "looked like baby sh*t.....the green kind!!". And then he told him he had "that pregnant woman look" out there on the line. :rofl:

AGREE

I agree that is some major hardship to burden while playing and I know that football is TOTALLY secondary when it comes to that situation. I am simply evaluating his performance as a PHIN in my opinion. I think your picture of our O-LINE sums it up in a heartbeat. Granted that might be short yardage situation, but too many times last season we had too many two tight end sets which is a flag to how bad our O-LINE was last season and PERRY was a major factor in that equation for the money they were paying him!

Well, that picture really does sum it up. Maybe not for Perry (he did a great job on that play), but for the OL. On that play, everyone else mauled their man......except Todd Wade. He got abused and whiffed on a swim move. And that was indicative of this line. Even during the times when they all seemed to have it together, one guy screwed the pooch.

At first, the Perry move looked good. Donnalley went down for the season six games into 2001. But Perry suffered and played thru knee injuries (seemed like every lineman on both sides of the ball had really bad knee injuries that year). And Donnalley he came back strong, while Perry was unspectacular.

It was high time to overhaul the O, including Perry.

Perry was better than most people give him credit for. he never got penalized that much and did very well i thought rickys first year here. But it was time to go.

Back
Top Bottom