Yep...we're screwed. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yep...we're screwed.

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
From Miami Herald:

"Wannstedt hopes to add bodies along the line but believes the team has some offensive-line talent already on the roster.

''Last year we drafted Taylor Whitley, we have Seth McKinney and Billy Yates, who played quite a bit,'' he said. ``We've got some good, young offensive linemen who are going to be good players in this league.''"

...He's already getting his excuses ready for why we'll go into the 2004 season with a crap O-line AGAIN!!! Maybe they'll be good players in the league Dave...but none of them have shown a thing so far, so other than hopes and prayers, what do you BASE that statement on?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
From Miami Herald:

"Wannstedt hopes to add bodies along the line but believes the team has some offensive-line talent already on the roster.

''Last year we drafted Taylor Whitley, we have Seth McKinney and Billy Yates, who played quite a bit,'' he said. ``We've got some good, young offensive linemen who are going to be good players in this league.''"

...He's already getting his excuses ready for why we'll go into the 2004 season with a crap O-line AGAIN!!! Maybe they'll be good players in the league Dave...but none of them have shown a thing so far, so other than hopes and prayers, what do you BASE that statement on?

It really doesn't matter what he thinks anymore. If a GM brings in talent, Wanny's going to have to use it or risk getting the boot early and very uncerimoniously.

Depends....if they hire Spielman, or someone at his level, than Wanny will do whatever he wants. The only way this has teeth is if they hire someone who has firing power over Wanny.

When I read that article this morning, i immediately thought, if those bench guys were so good, why did they not start or get a lot of playing time. Why are they now talented?

Same goes with Toliver. I heard nothing positive about him but now it seems some think he is part of the WR core. Huh?

Re: Re: Yep...we're screwed.

Originally posted by Cranx

It really doesn't matter what he thinks anymore. If a GM brings in talent, Wanny's going to have to use it or risk getting the boot early and very uncerimoniously.

I am so damn tired of hearing Wanny talk about personnel! YOU WON'T BE CONTROLLING PERSONNEL ANYMORE, YOU IDIOT! Everytime I hear him talking about personnel, it makes my blood boil. He set this franchise back by not addressing the offense when needed, and he should have the dignity not to address any personnel concerns. Just coach! WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR STUBBORN OPINIONS ON PERSONNEL! :fire:

1. Jamar Fletcher
2. Eddie Moore instead of a WR in last year's draft.
3. Trading a freaking #1 pick for Rick Mirer.
4. Expecting a 340+ man (Jamie Nails) to be completely rehabilitated after not even a year after surgery.
5. Counting on Mark Dixon who is great when healthy but delicate as porcelain.
6. Staying with Jay Fielder for FOUR years.
7. Not spending big money on the offensive line. Seau has been great, but did we really need 4 or 5 mil plus (forgot exact figure) more on our defense? We could've gotten a decent lineman for that.

Okay, just had to get it off my chest. I'm better now. :whew:

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
From Miami Herald:

So what you want is for Wanny to say: "We have a bunch of turds on our roster and those guys we drafted are horrible players. Seth Mckinney might be the starter but it might lead to the death of our QB, whoever it might be. I would now request that all dolphin fans commit suicide right now because we are hopeless."

Stop overreacting guys, Dave was just stating that we have some young players that provide a little depth......They will go out and get some players for the O-line.....relax.

Originally posted by dolphan39
read this article - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...n04,0,6961036.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front Dolfan954 if you want to lose it again... there is a good chance they will just hire a GM to work with Dave and not on top of him :mad:

W.......T.........F?!?!?!?! You've got to be...kidding me. Why the hell should Wanny be given ANY control? His track record more than speaks for itself. Since he's staying, he should only have control over the team, and what to eat for breakfast. That's IT.

If Wayne actually let's this happen, we are indeed screwed.

Be wary of what articles you put credence in....the fins beat writers for the most part are a bunch of dweebs.

Yea, I'm reading statements that don't make me think too highly of whatever GM we bring in. Will he have TOTAL and AUTONOMOUS power over personnel decisions and will he be able to fire/hire coaches?

Last edited by a moderator:

Originally posted by Section126

So what you want is for Wanny to say: "We have a bunch of turds on our roster and those guys we drafted are horrible players. Seth Mckinney might be the starter but it might lead to the death of our QB, whoever it might be. I would now request that all dolphin fans commit suicide right now because we are hopeless."

Stop overreacting guys, Dave was just stating that we have some young players that provide a little depth......They will go out and get some players for the O-line.....relax.

I understand what you're saying man, but we've heard the same thing before from this guy, and the offense is still not formidable. Yeah, we added RW, Randy, and Chambers, and he gets major props from me for that, but when there's such a glaring need at OL and WR, and you don't address it...what else are we supposed to think? If we as amateurs can look at the situation and asess it properly, then what is Wanny doing??? He is a professional NFL coach. This is his JOB. He goes to meetings, looks at reports from Excel spreadsheets, crunches numbers, etc...just like any manager does in any other company. He spends ungodly hours working at it. So why couldn't he get it done? If a manager proved to be so incompetent in one facet of his job duties, he would most likely be fired or have that duty that he is deficient in stripped away from him. Managers who make bad decisions don't get someone else to come and work with him. They want new ideas. The old way wasn't working, so why go back to it?

Originally posted by Section126

I'd like a shred of honest assessment. The O-line sucked. Flat out, it sucked. Now, had Wanny been saying things like this, but going out and doing the right thing, I wouldn't be worried. Problem is, Wanny says things like this and then ACTS LIKE THEY ARE TRUE!!! What I want Wanny to say is..."the O-line didn't get the job done, they had ONE game all season where they were really effective...I now recognoze that the ENTIRE team starts at the O-line...and I now recognoze that we will go only so far as our O-line takes us...and as such getting good players on that line is my #1 priority". That's what I want him to say because that's what I want him to do. Instead, I get to read his rationalle for why we are going into the Pre-Season with the same people on our roster.

The question then becomes.....will these guys start? or are they just decent mediocre backups? Do they have trade value?

Has Ruddy played his last game for Miami? This position is in critical need of upgrading.

Damn the players, what about the blocking scheme itself? Will it get tweaked?

Back
Top Bottom