Yes To The Up-tempo No Huddle Offense!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes To The Up-tempo No Huddle Offense!!!

You can't have this type of offense with Tannehill.

It needs to be ball control, heavy running, play-action 30 yard strikes, and quick easy intermediate throws to move the chains.

Think I will have to agree, Tannehill didn't seem to function very well when we did this the last time...seemed to play better when he could huddle up and collect himself.

Not that in certain situations where you just made a big play and got the defense reeling you couldn't run no-huddle plays to keep them reeling.

But over all the last time we did it the defense paid dearly...games got out of hand fast...dolphins had to many 3 and outs and defense was worked down the field for long drives to many times.

Go ball control with a good mix of run/pass, under center and shotgun - think Gase will always lean on the pass and Tannehill appears better in the shotgun.

On the lighter side - If you had Pat Riley come over after practice and conditions these guys and wanted to run it in the 4th quarter that would be different.

We've heard this before but we've seen how 99% of the time we're snapping the ball with 1 or 2 seconds left on the play clock. We might see the wildcat before we see the up tempo.

Think I will have to agree, Tannehill didn't seem to function very well when we did this the last time...seemed to play better when he could huddle up and collect himself.

Not that in certain situations where you just made a big play and got the defense reeling you couldn't run no-huddle plays to keep them reeling.

But over all the last time we did it the defense paid dearly...games got out of hand fast...dolphins had to many 3 and outs and defense was worked down the field for long drives to many times.

Go ball control with a good mix of run/pass, under center and shotgun - think Gase will always lean on the pass and Tannehill appears better in the shotgun.

On the lighter side - If you had Pat Riley come over after practice and conditions these guys and wanted to run it in the 4th quarter that would be different.
While I agree with most of this, tbh the defense seemed to get tired after running into the field for the first drive of the game

Up- tempo no-huddle my ass, just start by being efficient in all three phases of the game.

You can't have this type of offense with Tannehill.
It needs to be ball control, heavy running, play-action 30 yard strikes, and quick easy intermediate throws to move the chains.
According to reports Tannehill was never the problem with up tempo. It was others who didn't have the pkaybook down. So you base your opinion on?

Really? Because I can remember quite a few times when Miami switched from regular tempo to up tempo in games and it worked out in our favor.

Sopradically it has looked ok, but how many 3 and outs are created from not being efficient in it? And our line has never been good enough to just sit back and throw all day. Thills just coming back from injury, lets help him out with some balanced playcalling and rhythm

Sopradically it has looked ok, but how many 3 and outs are created from not being efficient in it? And our line has never been good enough to just sit back and throw all day. Thills just coming back from injury, lets help him out with some balanced playcalling and rhythm

Where did anyone suggest that a high-tempo offense was purely passing based? There's nothing that says you can't run the ball while running at a fast pace

I want to believe as well...still say we should have dratlfted Rosen...he would fit this perfectly...hoping Tanny picks this up!

Back
Top Bottom