YES YES and YES! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

YES YES and YES!

MJD is 5'7" 208lb
Ray Rice 5'8" 212lb
Doug Martin 5'9" 215lb

Giovani Bernard is 5'10" 206 lb

What I like about the smaller guys is that they don't seem to get hit as hard (including Lamar Miller). Low to the ground, know how to go down without getting blasted. I like Daniel Thomas but MAN it seems like he gets blasted on every play. Too upright, too lanky, long strider. I literally worry about him knocking himself out.

plus you cant see them behind the big OL, particulalrly when they have a good sidestep and go.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Barry Sanders 5'8

From combine...Gio: 5'8 3/8ths, 202. Ray Rice: 5'8, 199.

Gio May be short but he is not a small guy. He's very thick with huge legs. Wait till he gets in an NFL weight training room with a personal trainer! I've either been at or seen every game he's played at Carolina and all I can say is "special talent." He will be a great pro, and hopefully with the Miami Dolphins.

Shorter is typically better for a RB. The built-in low center of gravity allows for optimum pad level to break arm tackles and less time spent dropping weight to change directions. Taller backs give defenders more of a target to hit. All things being equal (speed, strength, agility, etc.) a squatty back is more difficult to tackle than a taller one of similar ability. There's no comparison if you've experienced tackling running backs. The short one's are hard to find behind the offensive line.

Quizz Rodgers was 5'6", 195. I remember watching him as a true freshman completely dominate a USC defense that had Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Rey Maualuga, Taylor Mays, Fili Moala, Everson Griffin, and Jurrell Casey on it to the tune of 37 carries, for over 180 yards and 2 TD's. He's a pretty good back for the Falcons now.

Darren Sproles is 5'6", 190.

Bernard compares favorably to a bigger version of Quizz Rodgers with his stellar pass catching skills out of the backfield. His special teams ability adds to his value.... just ask N.C. State. That game was ready to go to overtime tied 35-35 with 1:24 left. N.C. State mistakenly decided to punt the ball to Bernard... he returned it 74 yards for the game winning touchdown.

He's only a redshirt sophomore, and dominated on the field as a redshirt freshman. Giovani Bernard has a natural skillset for football that isn't coachable. Unique talent and versatility.

Does that make him the perfect complement to R.Miller? Considering all things being equal you would think a bigger back like Lacey makes more sense for the Dolphins.

Shorter is typically better for a RB. The built-in low center of gravity allows for optimum pad level to break arm tackles and less time spent dropping weight to change directions. Taller backs give defenders more of a target to hit. All things being equal (speed, strength, agility, etc.) a squatty back is more difficult to tackle than a taller one of similar ability. There's no comparison if you've experienced tackling running backs. The short one's are hard to find behind the offensive line.

Quizz Rodgers was 5'6", 195. I remember watching him as a true freshman completely dominate a USC defense that had Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Rey Maualuga, Taylor Mays, Fili Moala, Everson Griffin, and Jurrell Casey on it to the tune of 37 carries, for over 180 yards and 2 TD's. He's a pretty good back for the Falcons now.

Darren Sproles is 5'6", 190.

Bernard compares favorably to a bigger version of Quizz Rodgers with his stellar pass catching skills out of the backfield. His special teams ability adds to his value.... just ask N.C. State. That game was ready to go to overtime tied 35-35 with 1:24 left. N.C. State mistakenly decided to punt the ball to Bernard... he returned it 74 yards for the game winning touchdown.

He's only a redshirt sophomore, and dominated on the field as a redshirt freshman. Giovani Bernard has a natural skillset for football that isn't coachable. Unique talent and versatility.

Does that make him the perfect complement to R.Miller? Considering all things being equal you would think a bigger back like Lacey makes more sense for the Dolphins.

I don't buy that Lamar Miller is an effective starting caliber running back to begin with. I'm not sure how much they buy it either.

I wouldn't view Bernard or Lacy as a complement to any back on Miami's roster. I think Miller would be the complementary back if Miami were to draft one of these guys.

Philbin strikes me as a coach that values versatility. He prefers the ability to contribute and produce in a variety of roles, and Bernard is probably the most versatile back in this draft.

If the goal is simply to give Daniel Thomas competition, and/or to find a back who runs downhill, they can find that much later in the draft. I think Miami may be looking for starting caliber back who can contribute in a variety of roles. I just don't think they're sold on Miller as that type of back.

Stop he is not freaking 5'10"!

What?! Bro your always taking issue with things ppl say but you never provide facts or even opinions, just things like the above statement. Disagreement is good but BRING IT!

What?! Bro your always taking issue with things ppl say but you never provide facts or even opinions, just things like the above statement. Disagreement is good but BRING IT!

He's not 5'10" that's a fact. Whats to take issue with?

Bernard and Gillislee are the 2 best RBs in the draft IMHO. I wouldnt mind either one of them being a phin.

Back
Top Bottom