Yet another reason why you red flag players for character flaws | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet another reason why you red flag players for character flaws

Quality guy... beats his girlfriend, strangles her... then runs from the cops and disappears for two weeks.

He's done.

Unless this is a police procedural TV show with a framed story line... his career is over.

What specifically does this have to do with the Miami Dolphins? Are you suggesting they cut Tyreek Hill?
Fever is highlighting that character matters and that our team should exercise caution in that arena. Tyreek is undoubtedly a valuable asset, but he also has more "red flags" then a Russian military parade. Nobody is calling to cut him, but there is concern about the pattern.

Fever is highlighting that character matters and that our team should exercise caution in that arena. Tyreek is undoubtedly a valuable asset, but he also has more "red flags" then a Russian military parade. Nobody is calling to cut him, but there is concern about the pattern.
You are a patient man @Jamesw

He already knew the answer, but well done

I get the impression that the Chiefs did a better job of keeping Tyreek in line. Maybe we just didn't hear about his transgressions. Maybe Andy Reid is more experienced at handling volatile talent. Maybe because there is less mischief to get up to in Kansas City than Miami Beach.

BTW - Jamesw - more "red flags" than a Russian military parade - terrific written expression. Even Ernest Hemingway would chuckle if he had come up with that line.

Last edited:
I get the impression that the Chiefs did a better job of keeping Tyreek in line. Maybe we just didn't hear about his transgressions. Maybe Andy Reid is more experienced at handling volatile talent. Maybe because there is less mischief to get up to in Kansas City than Miami Beach.
All true. Andy Reid’s age, experience and tough fatherly demeanor works well. Sadly though, his own son suffered from alcohol addiction issued which lead to a tragedy.

All true. Andy Reid’s age, experience and tough fatherly demeanor works well. Sadly though, his own son suffered from alcohol addiction issued which lead to a tragedy.

BTW - Jamesw - more "red flags" than a Russian military parade - terrific written expression. Even Ernest Hemingway would chuckle if he had come up with that line.
valid point, Reid is a super coach, really good and you can see how he handles his team and he has had some incidents to deal with. Mcd is learning, and hasn't had too many player incidents to deal with (that I know of) so it's hard for me to see if he is strong in that area. A lack of incidents bodes well for him though as he may be handling some things we don't know about and players seem to say all the right things whenever they interview.

I originally thought that his goofy, nerdy, pothead, surfer dude attitude might be a detriment but I haven't seen any repercussions, in fact, quite positive effects. I am not opposed to Odell even though is a bit of a diva, just do not want to overpay and thankfully Grier doesn't appear to be willing to do it. Let's be honest, CB's and WR's are alpha males and some need a certain amount of care. I think NIL might even make it worse as their ego gets bigger, earlier when the studs are driving Bentleys while in college.

Unfortunately for Reid, his other son’s addiction issue was even more tragic for him but thankfully he didn’t hurt someone else.

Last edited:

I think it helped the Chiefs that he was just one head in a very talented Hydra. He wasn't the sole face of the franchise which may have helped keep him in check a little.

When he came to Miami, he became THE GUY. Almost anyone would get a bit of an inflated ego in that circumstance, and those prone towards it even more so.

I am happy he is on the team due to the product he gives us on the field. I grimace when reading about most of his off-field story lines.

Edit - And another kudo to James for his parade analagy.

Back
Top Bottom