Yet another Ricky question........sorry! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet another Ricky question........sorry!

FINSTER

Dolfan Laureate
Reaction score
Don't know if this was already posted, but I have a question.......

Assuming Ricky comes back to camp, now that he's back in the substance abuse program, will he be able to play in preseason games? I know he's missing the first 4 games if he comes back, but I was just wondering about the preseason thing........

FINSTER said:
Don't know if this was already posted, but I have a question.......

Assuming Ricky comes back to camp, now that he's back in the substance abuse program, will he be able to play in preseason games? I know he's missing the first 4 games if he comes back, but I was just wondering about the preseason thing........

Yes he can play in the preseason.

SCall13 said:
Yes he can play in the preseason.

Well in my opinion, preseason counts as training camp and if Ricky is allowed in training camp, he can play meaningless games in the preseason also.

But I'm not too sure!!!

BenchFiedler said:
Well in my opinion, preseason counts as training camp and if Ricky is allowed in training camp, he can play meaningless games in the preseason also.

But I'm not too sure!!!

The suspension is for 4 regular season games. As far as I know and from what I understand, he can particpate in everything leading up to his suspension from those 4 games.

There is another thread that explains this in detail, and directly quotes the rules on the matter. Ricky CAN participate in preseason games, training camp, meetings, etc. up until his suspension takes effect. During his suspension he cannot participate in any way with the Dolphins....he cant even take part in team press conferences, and is not even allowed in the Dolphin facilities unless its for an appointment with medical personnel.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=82706&page=2&pp=15

yankeehillbilly said:
There is another thread that explains this in detail, and directly quotes the rules on the matter. Ricky CAN participate in preseason games, training camp, meetings, etc. up until his suspension takes effect. During his suspension he cannot participate in any way with the Dolphins....he cant even take part in team press conferences, and is not even allowed in the Dolphin facilities unless its for an appointment with medical personnel.

WOW that is brutal, I thought he would be able to practice with the team. I guess it is not just a four GAME suspension like I had anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom