You can say that again...how are we gonna pick up Philly blitz ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can say that again...how are we gonna pick up Philly blitz ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Offensive line failed Miami
Miami's inability to handle New England's blitz is a chief concern this week as the Dolphins prepare to host the Philadelphia Eagles on "Monday Night Football". The Eagles blitz about as often as they take a breath.

And you can bet they'll be taking a good look at the film from Sunday's game, when Miami's line simply crumbled.
JieJ m/b foaming at the mouth. I do not see us beating their D w/max protect since Vincent/Taylor can control our WRs. We need to play conservative and pound Ricky and rely on our D to control their O

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
By exploiting their LBs in the passing game. Time to shine Randy!

Dont forget about konrad (norv does). He could be great either in pass protection or on short routs.

Short passes....lots of short passes. I doubt we will throw the ball deep once all game. I think our offensive philosophy for this game will be a lot of runs and some short passes. McMichael needs to have a big game.

SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its actually easy to play against a team that blitzes alot........its those sneaky blitzes that "F" us........

Draw plays
Short Passes
Slants
Fades
Go Routes
Screen Passes
Flares
Shovel Pass

that should be the plan.

Originally posted by Section126
Its actually easy to play against a team that blitzes alot........its those sneaky blitzes that "F" us........

Really??....If that's the case, we must REALLY suck then!!....:eek:

Is there any other kind of blitz????....I thought all blitzes are suppose to be sneaky...:rolleyes:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

All im gonna say is norv turner is a loser. send em all packing. ive had enough. they dont have a clue how to get to the superbowl. you have three films to watch the new england patriots on and they still dont understand you beat thepatriots with TE's (two of them). blocking blocking blocking. terrible. and they didnt even adjust at the half even though they were palying better in 3rd quarter. that is what is pathetic.

Come on Blitz, you know what I am talking about...........3rd and more than 3, the eagles blitz, they blitz about 60% of the time.

New England blitzes 30% of the time, and blitzed us around 6 times on sunday......that is sneaky. They pick a spot to blitz.

Despite the Dolphins' problems on the O-line, they need to come together if they are going to have a decent night against a team that has had trouble stopping the run. Ricky could very well gain over 100 yards in this game. It may depend on how many times he gets the ball. The Eagles have lost two key defensive tackles for the season which forced them to change some things within the defense. These adjustments have also prevented them to consistently stop the run. They also have not found an answer to hold the run against the top running backs in the league. If Wannstedt can work the clock, if the O-line needing to play solid, and if Ricky can be the machine that he can be, the Dolphins can very well give the Eagles defense fits on Monday.

yeah, maybe. Do you think the eagles can stop the run if they line 8 in the box?

I do.

Miami's O success will depend on how well they attack through the air. That is a constant theme when miami games. You see it doesn't matter how bad your rushing D is, because this week your guys are going to be able to commit the extra man in the box because Miami doesn't do well through the air.

Reid isn't stupid enough to go with 7...

Originally posted by Great_One
If Wannstedt can work the clock, if the O-line needing to play solid, and if Ricky can be the machine that he can be, the Dolphins can very well give the Eagles defense fits on Monday.
that is a lot of IFs, but a guarantee for a win. If RW can break one or even get 5-8 yard runs consistently, your Eagles can in for a long nite; however, I expect JJ to have loads of run blitzes and leave CC and DT (our #2) all alone ag your CBs. We need Konrad and McM to get the ball over the middle if this is true just we did to Dallas.

We are 3-0 ag the NFCE BTW

Back
Top Bottom