You can't say it was luck!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can't say it was luck!!!

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say this...the Pats were not lucky yesterday and they deserved to win.

The Colts had 4 chances from the 2 yard line to punch the ball in and they could not.

The Colts deserved to lose that...I mean WTF...I don't understand why they did not try playaction on 1st and goal. E. James ran the ball right at T. Washington...three times...that's just stupid. He should have kicked it outside...They did not even try one bootleg...horrible play calling by the Colts OC...just horrible!!!

The Fins need to win next week...this will be a tough game on the road...I hope Norv is more creative than the Colts OC.

Go Fins!!!

It is a reversed curse......

since the Tuck Rule.

They have that horseshoe embedded in their *** since then, our job is to remove it.

MacAttack...you know that I live up in New England (CT) and can't stand them at all. I understand that the ball has bounced their way since 2001 but the win. Ya, it sucks to say it but they are 10-2 and have a excellent AFC record and beat the Colts, Titans...they really have the upper hand right now. I really hope the Fins could beat them next week...we need this game...BAD!!!

Go Fins!!!

They are 10-2. Luck or not, they have earned it. If we were in the same position, we would be pissed if they were calling us lucky, and we would be saying we earned the wins.

Hey they may or may not be lucky. The fact is GOOD teams find a way to win the close ones. They did.

Did anyone else notice that Brady looked really ... dare I say ... Bad, when Indy blitzed him? The first half Indy stayed back and he picked them apart. In the second half it seemed everytime that Indy blitzed it was either an incomplete pass or an INT. I sure hope Bates was watching that!!

Luck is part of the game, plain and simple. A obvious holding penality not called, a fumble bouncing in the right direction, and an easy interception dropped. All these scenerios plus more can change the game and it happens to all teams. Luck is part of the game.
STUPIDITY shouldn't be part of the game like the Colts offense on the goal line. The have two FB's and a TE out of the game and they run the ball. Manning tries throwing a fade into the corner of the endzone. Fade passes ARE NOT a Manning specialty. This series was not typical of Colts playing calling. Just plain STUPIDITY on OC Moore's part.

True...True...True...just plain STUPIDITY on the Colts side!!!

After years of "luck" one must consider the liklihood of that possibility. Could you have a run of "luck" like that? If so lets run to Vegas. In reality luck will always turn. For the Pats they are always winning close games. They had bad "luck" when they lost all those starters to injury. To continue to win you must have excellent coaching and eye for talent. They have great young backups that could be jems of the free agency and draft. Every one of those players is in the right position to win every time. Thats coaching. The bottom line is Billicheck is the X factor. They have no more or less luck than anyone else. He wins the games for them.

Is it luck when you lose your #1 free agent acquisition for the season?
When more than half of the starters have lost significant time due to injury?
When your punter gives the ball to the Texans inside FG range in OT?
When you face a hostile crowd, a 1st and goal from the 2, hanging on to a 4 point lead in the final minute against the Colts?
When the referee blows the call on the coin toss, giving the Dolphins the first posession in OT?

Every team has its share of good luck and bad luck. You people love to cherry pick the good breaks the Pats have gotten. You ignore the bad breaks they have overcome, as well as the good breaks your team has received.

The Patriots have consistently overcome their bad breaks, and taken advantage of their good breaks. That's one of the biggest reasons for their success. When they have to start 6 rookies, they don't make excuses. They suck it up and tough it out.

You people just love to sit by your pools, wearing your little white tennis shorts, whining and making excuses. Mommy, they get all the lucky breaks! Wahhhhh!!!! Whaaaahhhhh!!!! Mommy, don't believe him, he's not really hurt, he's just a dirty rotten cheater ! Sniff, Sniff...It's not fair! Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone needs a time out.

EDIT: Yeah, maybe you need one. Attack the membership again and you'll get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shut TF-up...that's what we said...read the post...i gave credit to the Pats....

The Colts have two TE's and one FB on their roster. The FB was hurt last week I believe. Then the TE's they have left worked one at FB and one at TE. Dallas Clark was the TE in this scenario.

The TE who was playing FB gets hurt in the first quarter. Dallas Clark breaks his leg in the second quarter.

Therefore, they had NOONE who could play FB or TE at the goalline and had to play three wides the rest of the game.

Now THAT'S unlucky!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
The Colts have two TE's and one FB on their roster. The FB was hurt last week I believe. Then the TE's they have left worked one at FB and one at TE. Dallas Clark was the TE in this scenario.

The TE who was playing FB gets hurt in the first quarter. Dallas Clark breaks his leg in the second quarter.

Therefore, they had NOONE who could play FB or TE at the goalline and had to play three wides the rest of the game.

Now THAT'S unlucky!

The Pats were missing their top 4 WRs against Houston, and their top 3 against Indy.
They go out and quickly sign JJ Stokes and Dedrick Ward. Both are pressed into service without having time to learn the offense.

A loser mentality calls this unlucky. A winner sees it as yet another challenge to meet, another obstacle to overcome.

Oh yes, the "lucky" Patriots managed to pull out wins in both of these games. What else would you expect from them?
Excuses?

I knew they would win that game. It was a typical pats win.. never say die. The colts were just teased by the thought of victory , the pats knew they'd win all along. To think we were a few infield dirts balls away from beating them and making our lives easier. Going in to boston this weekend must end in victory! I do not want to see any of that we have a 10 pt lead so lets sit on it tye of game.. if we score we have to keep scoring no let down.. no giving up.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
As much as I hate to say this...the Pats were not lucky yesterday and they deserved to win.

The Colts had 4 chances from the 2 yard line to punch the ball in and they could not.

The Colts deserved to lose that...I mean WTF...I don't understand why they did not try playaction on 1st and goal. E. James ran the ball right at T. Washington...three times...that's just stupid. He should have kicked it outside...They did not even try one bootleg...horrible play calling by the Colts OC...just horrible!!!

The Fins need to win next week...this will be a tough game on the road...I hope Norv is more creative than the Colts OC.

Go Fins!!!

It's better to be lucky than to be good. The Pats have proved this for some time now.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom