You don't know what you got till it's gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You don't know what you got till it's gone

TheLEGEND13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The NFLnetwork has been showing a piece on DAN MARINO,and man I tell ya! it make you realize how special he was.It just goes to show how rare it is to find a QB with that kind of talent.If your a Dolphins fan or have been you will really enjoy the piece,and you will see how we were spoiled for 17 season!

I didn't need to see Danny boy leave us or this game to know how special he was. I will look for the piece, thanks for the heads up.

Man, I know that it sounds crazy but I actually feared that this thread would be something positive about Fiedler or Wanny. LOL. :eek:

KuchaMucha said:
Man, I know that it sounds crazy but I actually feared that this thread would be something positive about Fiedler or Wanny. LOL. :eek:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

The thing that kills me about watching Marino in the 80s was how open the receivers were on the short-to-intermediate routes. I imagine this was because 1) Dan threw a nice long-ball so defenses had to protect against the big play, and 2) Our OL could block.

In our offense in the post-Marino years, it seems like the opposing defenders are all over the intended receiver. Remember the days when the line gave the QB time to throw? Was it just a wonderful dream?

dan marino: heart of a legend , brought a tear to my eye....what an amazing QB who gave us fans so many memories that will last a lifetime.

josephreese said:
The thing that kills me about watching Marino in the 80s was how open the receivers were on the short-to-intermediate routes. I imagine this was because 1) Dan threw a nice long-ball so defenses had to protect against the big play, and 2) Our OL could block.

In our offense in the post-Marino years, it seems like the opposing defenders are all over the intended receiver. Remember the days when the line gave the QB time to throw? Was it just a wonderful dream?

the receivers were usually open, but even when they were not it didnt always make much difference. I remember a quote from one of the receivers when Danny was in his prime in which the receiver said that in practice he would tell the corner what his route would be, where and when Dan would deliver the ball. The corner still could not stop a completion. As Dan himself said...there is no defense for a perfectly thrown ball.

Back
Top Bottom