You Down With JPP? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Down With JPP?

I think the same way. He's supposed to be a Combine superstar but I wonder if he won't turn in some times that look kind of mediocre compared with what you think he's capable of. He strikes me as a guy that thinks he can just wake up and strap on a pair of blue jeans, walk over to the stadium, rock a 4.45 and then go hang out at the mall.

I had heard things like he was missing pre-Combine workouts because he was up at night partying...stuff like that. And others on this board connected with the program have verified that he doesn't have a good work ethic, isn't really a leader.

I compare him to Aundray Bruce, if anyone remembers, although comparisons are dangerous.

9 games of college football = bad idea for a 12 overall selection

There's too many proven players to take a chance on a kid that may be no better then them.

I'll pass.

Great Size and Athleticism (off the charts almost), but it pretty much stops there for him. Doesn't offer much vs the run and average pass rusher.

I compare JPP to Jason Taylor, who was a 3rd round pick. So I do think #12 may be too high for him for a 3-4 OLB... However, JT is now a future HOF, so if we went ahead and picked him, I wouldn't be mad either.

what are the thoughts here on his running mate george selvie.how far has he fallen?

I go to the same school as this kid and have heard nothing but positive about him. With that being said, I would not take him 12th overall because he is such a raw prospect. Talent wise, he's a top 10 pick, but it may be 2-3 years before he does anything in the NFL. We need impact....now.

Back
Top Bottom