You hate them but do you respect them | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You hate them but do you respect them

SpeedRush99 said:
Real mature. So people that don't share your opinion are stupid?

I don't think that being honest is immature. You asked me a question and I answered it. There are a lot of people I disagree with but I think they are smart, so it's a real stretch for you to apply my comments about you to everyone else. I think Bill Frist is brilliant, but I disagree with pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth.

Skeet84 said:
South Carolina did beat TN and came closer to beating GA Bulldogs than the GA Tech did. You kept telling me bringing up games like this did not matter so why do you do it? :confused:

I know it's hard for you to understand.

If two teams play each other, that's what you base it on. UM has played UF 3 out of the last 4 years, so if you want to compare the two teams, you base it on how they played each other.

If you want to compare teams that haven't played each other, than you base it on similar opponents. Get it?

And beating a team that didn't even make a bowl game doesn't qualify as a quality win.

Skeet84 said:
So because you were good in the past that makes you good now? quote]

It doesn't necessarily mean we're good now, but it means that I can talk with confidence about my team being better than another team.

Imagine the Browns have an excellent draft this year, the best draft by any team ever. Then the Browns fans go around saying they aren't worried about the Patriots, and Patriots fans can't say anything because they didn't do anything last year. It just doesn't make sense.

The Hurricanes will be back next year, because that's what we do. You're just guessing that a good recruiting class will make Florida national championship contenders, and it's just not the case.

And by rooting for UM because I go there, doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, if that's what you were implying.

Had to add this in.

Just checked my betting website, and to them, Miami has a better chance of winning the ACC at 2.50/dollar, than Florida winning the SEC at 2.75/dollar. It's not much of a difference, but it just shows that the oddsmakers know that the Canes are still the favorite of the ACC. I am surprised that they picked UF to win the SEC over Auburn and LSU, but that's how I make money off this website :)

kpcane said:
Then please tell me why UF is on the rise, and UM is on the decline while being objective.

After the few rough years with Zook in charge we got one of the top coaches in the country who yes is doing a great job recruiting but that was not the only reason I said they were on the rise. We have a much better coaching staff now than we've had in the past and bringing in some top notch talent.

Miami had a decent recruiting class too, but like I said theres plenty of Cane fans here that would be happy with a new coach.

kpcane said:
I don't think that being honest is immature. You asked me a question and I answered it. There are a lot of people I disagree with but I think they are smart, so it's a real stretch for you to apply my comments about you to everyone else. I think Bill Frist is brilliant, but I disagree with pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth.
Being honest? Well then please enlighten me as to what I said that makes me "stupid" besides not sharing your opinion? I'm not trying to stretch your disrespectful comments to anyone else.

kpcane said:
I know it's hard for you to understand.

If two teams play each other, that's what you base it on. UM has played UF 3 out of the last 4 years, so if you want to compare the two teams, you base it on how they played each other.

If you want to compare teams that haven't played each other, than you base it on similar opponents. Get it?

And beating a team that didn't even make a bowl game doesn't qualify as a quality win.

TN will always be TN and they were not that bad they just had alot of really bad breaks. I know this is hard for you to understand, But I am looking at the present and future and all you want to do is look at the past. Did the Hurricanes ever play Steve Spurrier when he had all those great teams? No they did not except 1 time and the Hurricanes did win however that was no where near Steve Spurriers best teams. We played Miami during a great run that they had and the other was when we did not even have a coach to coach the game. Like I said we will have to see in 08!

SpeedRush99 said:
After the few rough years with Zook in charge we got one of the top coaches in the country who yes is doing a great job recruiting but that was not the only reason I said they were on the rise. We have a much better coaching staff now than we've had in the past and bringing in some top notch talent.

Miami had a decent recruiting class too, but like I said theres plenty of Cane fans here that would be happy with a new coach.

Why would you even tell me that after seeing my sig? That's like me telling you, hey guess what Florida fans are pretty happy about next year.

But anyway, saying you got "better coaching" isn't very objective. Meyer hasn't proven to be significantly better than Zook so far, which leads us back to the original point - recruiting.

If you have any objective reasoning, I'd like to hear it.

kpcane said:
It doesn't necessarily mean we're good now, but it means that I can talk with confidence about my team being better than another team.

Imagine the Browns have an excellent draft this year, the best draft by any team ever. Then the Browns fans go around saying they aren't worried about the Patriots, and Patriots fans can't say anything because they didn't do anything last year. It just doesn't make sense.

The Hurricanes will be back next year, because that's what we do. You're just guessing that a good recruiting class will make Florida national championship contenders, and it's just not the case.

And by rooting for UM because I go there, doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, if that's what you were implying.

This recruiting class is not reall going to effect Florida for like 2 or 3 years like say in 2008!!! When I keep talking about the Gators and Hurricanes playing. The Florida Gators are good because they have Good players now.

SpeedRush99 said:
Being honest? Well then please enlighten me as to what I said that makes me "stupid" besides not sharing your opinion? I'm not trying to stretch your disrespectful comments to anyone else.

I've already said what I think is wrong with the Gators mentality numerous times, so there's no need to repeat myself.

And yes, you did stretch my comments to everyone else by saying that I think "people" who don't agree with me are stupid.

kpcane said:
Had to add this in.

Just checked my betting website, and to them, Miami has a better chance of winning the ACC at 2.50/dollar, than Florida winning the SEC at 2.75/dollar. It's not much of a difference, but it just shows that the oddsmakers know that the Canes are still the favorite of the ACC. I am surprised that they picked UF to win the SEC over Auburn and LSU, but that's how I make money off this website :)

Obviously its gunna be easier for a team to win the ACC than the SEC! There alot better teams in the SEC than in the ACC!

I have a question

Why cant both teams be good? Why does one have to be in a downward spiral?

Alex22 said:
I have a question

Why cant both teams be good? Why does one have to be in a downward spiral?

Both teams are good and we won't find out who is better until 2008 when they play head to head.

Skeet84 said:
Obviously its gunna be easier for a team to win the ACC than the SEC! There alot better teams in the SEC than in the ACC!

How old are you?

Skeet84 said:
Both teams are good and we won't find out who is better until 2008 when they play head to head.

Yeah like they didn't play head to head for the past 20 years.
In the last 4 years, the Canes have beaten the Gators 3 times. We don't have to wait for 3 more seasons to know who's better.

Back
Top Bottom