You know i really.................Don't! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know i really.................Don't!

mikefan22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Feel as bad as i thought! I thought this would feel much worse!As much as i would like to blame this on jay and little-o we have i can't just like last year at the end our O did enough to win (well - 0 against NE ain't good),but you know what i mean our D can't stop or tackle anyone when we need them to! So where does that put us now in the offseason! We need a QB and o-line,but what about this DARN D? I quess to put a positive note on the last 2 games we played were against the best teams in the AFC and NFC!,but we lost both! We at least can say good by to Jay,Wannyand Norv!But will this help I sure don't know, but it can't hurt OH don't let me forget Mr Bates!BYE BYE!!!!

Not ready to talk about the implications to the staff yet but ....

...I'm there too. Quite sanguine. We've run close the best the AFC (TEN - not exacly close, IND and NE) and the NFC (PHI) have to offer and lost. That quite well defines what we have here. Nearly men.

There are some highlights. But you have to ask whether $14 Million for the two best cornerbacks in the AFC is a wise investment given that it takes a team to win - is money more important to them than a ring, Parcells probably wouldn't accept that. You need to have more balance on the cap side to enable a more balanced team - you get what you pay for.

We could go 2 victories to close and Denver could lose two (but let's be realistic, need usually outweighs improving seeding so they may be more up for it than Indi, GB should be a dogfight). But if when you get to the dance you look like you're having an epileptic fit to the sound of a car alarm - do you really want to go to the dance? I'll be watching if we do, but I won't have any hope left in my heart.

well said. I think it's time to retool EVERYTHING!! We need to get better not stay the same! I say take a couple of years and right this ship! If not we're sinking fast!!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
well said. I think it's time to retool EVERYTHING!! We need to get better not stay the same! I say take a couple of years and right this ship! If not we're sinking fast!!

I don't think a bilge pump will help, while JF played a decent game the Dolphins are not exactly built to play catch up. Chambers is going to be a star for the Phins, no doubt. But there is a lot to fix in Miami, but not a lot of major things. IMHO

I think it comes down to leadership and having the talent at the the "skills" positions to will yourself to victory. Watching McNabb then watching Fiedler made me sick to my stomach, its been a very long time since we saw a QB play as good as McNabb, breaking tackles, making plays, just improvising. The Dolphins do not have the type of team that can play catch up or that can do well when facing adversity. We are a bunch of CHOKERS and need a coach that will come in here and light a huge fire under our collective a$$es to dispel and destroy our loser like mentality.

"But you have to ask whether $14 Million for the two best cornerbacks in the AFC is a wise investment given that it takes a team to win"

i have to ask, are they really the best two corners in the AFC? i mean are they? i dont think their play has been anything near what their salaries dictate it should be this season. alot of focus has been on JT and Zach, and ive even seen people on these boards post that those two are overated and old and washed up... but what about our "shutdown" corners? i would imagine there will be better priced free agent corners this offseason, and 14 mill against the cap goes a long way toward a couple quality O lineman, which we need. or signing a better QB.

I can't fault Surtain on his play/conduct...

but Maddison scores less well given the penalties he gives up after play activities. He's got back to playing at a high level but you have to curb that aggression once the play is done.

We need to start with the QB and o-line first jay is a great competitor(sp) but that's about it! He's had long enough to prove it and the arm is just not there and he has his good moments,but more bad ones and or o-line JUST NOT GOOD!!

are you guys kidding me maybey we can do without madison who i think is still one of the best but his skills are going down ...but surtain is if not very close to being the best corner in the league. i say we trade madison and maybe a couple of other players on defence like greenwood , get rid of knight (i think he's a free agent after this year ) and a couple of more that i just can't think of this morning ... (pissed off for such a s**ty year like this). i would also go after brunell and give sage a shot at qb next year ...cause i wouldn't bring jay nor brien back they are just not made to be starters in this league backups sure but not starters

Back
Top Bottom