You Know What I Like About This New Administration? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Know What I Like About This New Administration?

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
The fact that we don't have an obvious guy on the roster who should be cut from the team but isn't like we have in the past. e.g Daniel Thomas, Dallas Thomas, Jonathan Martin, Jason Allen, Koa Misi (I know some of you are going to have a titty attack with this overrated sack of crap), and Phillip Wheeler, amongst maybe a few others.

These were all guys who were obvious weak links at starting positions, but now we dont really seem to have any at the moment. We have question marks in certain positions like DT and LBs but they arent necessarily weak, just unproven.

To me this has been mostly Gase's doing trimming the fat, like giving Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner a chance, until it became obvious EARLY on in his tenure they were sub par players at their position. It feels like we have depth in certain areas, like WR, TE, RB, DE, CB, SS and FS,

We do have some depth issues still left though, like Oline which is one Sitton or Tunsil injury away from highly questionable status. DT and LB is as good as anyone's guess at the moment. And most importantly, our team is one Ryan Tannehill injury away from a lost season.

Man, this started so positively, What happened?

Wow! Someone actually promoting what they like about Administration compared to years of only bashing?

The no2 (and every other boundary corner not called Howard) cb situation is looking a bit alarming and i'm far from convinced that our lb group will be good, but you have a point about theres being no obvious Dallas Thomas

never thought about this, and yea, I like it too...

I don't think our CBs will be too much issue if Lippet can stay healthy...I do think our LBs are still a glaring weakness unless somehow kiko being relieved from Mike helps us out more than I expect

The fact that we don't have an obvious guy on the roster who should be cut from the team but isn't like we have in the past. e.g Daniel Thomas, Dallas Thomas, Jonathan Martin, Jason Allen, Koa Misi (I know some of you are going to have a titty attack with this overrated sack of crap), and Phillip Wheeler, amongst maybe a few others.

These were all guys who were obvious weak links at starting positions, but now we dont really seem to have any at the moment. We have question marks in certain positions like DT and LBs but they arent necessarily weak, just unproven.

To me this has been mostly Gase's doing trimming the fat, like giving Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner a chance, until it became obvious EARLY on in his tenure they were sub par players at their position. It feels like we have depth in certain areas, like WR, TE, RB, DE, CB, SS and FS,

We do have some depth issues still left though, like Oline which is one Sitton or Tunsil injury away from highly questionable status. DT and LB is as good as anyone's guess at the moment. And most importantly, our team is one Ryan Tannehill injury away from a lost season.

Believe it or not, I try to restrain myself, but . . . there are steps to building a team. To me, step one is get rid of bottom 10% players. Looks like that's been done. Yes, there are some 'unknowns' who may end up bottom 10%, but no one who is currently projected bottom 10%. Second, upgrade low ranked players first. You know, like Bushrod and JT. This has been accomplished to a large degree. Can't upgrade everything in one off-season. True, there can be debates some weren't dumped soon enough and there are some who many fans would like upgraded, but glaring holes first.
Personally, I'm tired of hearing worries about players with injuries and players who are 'old,' as if other teams don't have these players. It's football. There will be injuries (already has been on a number of teams). And (good) 'old' players often do quite well. In general, I like the changes made and the last 3 drafts. Finally, a FO making decisions I don't have an automatic negative response to.

You don't undo a decade of Front Office dysfunction in two years. Particularly not when one of those years was like 2017.

One of the least analyzed things that happened in Miami this past offseason was the coaching changes. New OC. New O-Line coach. New D-Line coach. New RB coach. New WR coach. The coaching staff UNDER Gase was pretty much purged. And in many of those cases, it was because the previous coaches didn't do their jobs. A few of those coaches wee holdovers from Philbin.

Say what you want, but this is Gase's team now. I think Ross is in it for the long haul with him.

I would be on board with assessment if this administration didn’t also trim the prime rib or added some filet while doing so.

Fitz is a good start but adding 1 filet, a few chuck, sirloin and round doesn’t make for a title contending team.

I didn’t really think about it. There has always been “that guy” that seems to make our roster every year even though he contributes absolutely nothing. I don’t see it this year.

I would be on board with assessment if this administration didn’t also trim the prime rib or added some filet while doing so.

Fitz is a good start but adding 1 filet, a few chuck, sirloin and round doesn’t make for a title contending team.
Are you trying to make me hungry?

Not unless some of that chuck is actually choice meat.

You don't undo a decade of Front Office dysfunction in two years. Particularly not when one of those years was like 2017.

One of the least analyzed things that happened in Miami this past offseason was the coaching changes. New OC. New O-Line coach. New D-Line coach. New RB coach. New WR coach. The coaching staff UNDER Gase was pretty much purged. And in many of those cases, it was because the previous coaches didn't do their jobs. A few of those coaches wee holdovers from Philbin.

Say what you want, but this is Gase's team now. I think Ross is in it for the long haul with him.

Well when Marvin Lewis took over the Bengals in 2003 he gave the Bengals their first non losing season since 1996 and in 2005 gave them their 1st division title since 1990/winning season since 1990. If Palmer doesn't get injured the story of the Bengals is probably a whole lot different but regardless it took him 3 years to improve on a decade of poo.

We don't have a guy like that right now, true. We cut the ones we had from last year and brought in a bunch of new guys to start in FA and the draft. It seems we might have around 10 new starters, plus a kicker. That's a lot. We'll see how it goes with them.

The no2 (and every other boundary corner not called Howard) cb situation is looking a bit alarming and i'm far from convinced that our lb group will be good, but you have a point about theres being no obvious Dallas Thomas

I really fail to see how it's alarming. We have 2 players with starting experience there and a third player who was flashing in camp last year making a case for himself.

I'm not sure what a titty attack is

Agree with everything (except the dig on Koa - when he was healthy). However, the other big contributor not stated is GM, Chris Grier. Our Drafts have definitely improved in recent years and Grier with his scouts must be given some credit for it. What is apparent is that Gase, Grier and Tannenbaum are working as a team with a common goal. We don't have the dysfunction from the Ireland days when he and Philbin clearly hated each other.
BTW - interesting that you mentioned Billy Turner. While he was a genuine bust as a Dolphin, it was quite amusing hearing John Elway yesterday lauding his training camp efforts as a Bronco.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom