You Know What I've Always Wondered? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Know What I've Always Wondered?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How come you can't wear colored reciever/RB gloves in the NCAA? They are ALWAYS grey, or grey and black. They all CLEARLY show the Nike logo, so I don't think it would be a licensing issue, and even the pros get to wear colored gloves (as long as they are the team colors) and they are SUPER strict about uniforms, so I've always wondered why the NCAA doesn't allow them. It's weird because they allow colored visors and the NFL doesn't. I'm talking like green/blue/red etc, I know the NFL allows clear, black, and I've seen some of the amber ones. A few guys on the university of Hawai'i wear green ones, I've seen pictures of D'Angelo Williams wearing a blue one, I saw some kid on Colorado wearing a gold one. I wonder why they are lax on that but strict on the gloves?

I would think that white or grey gloves would allow the refs to see whether the receiver has caught the pass before it hits the turf? Just a guess on my part. I know colleges get their supplies from Nike, Reebok and the other major brands just like the pros so I am sure they could provide the schools with any colors they wanted but maybe it is a rule in college?

Back
Top Bottom