You make the call!...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You make the call!......

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Juts when I thought Wanny had some fire in him before this game, his a$$ gets conservitive on me....what was he thinking taking the game into OT? It was 6-6 and had some time left...he couldve at least TRIED to get a first down....Fortunatley $hit went his way today and it looked like luck was on his side with that coin toss......Did he do the right thing? What would you have done or what did you want him to do?

Personally, I wouldve tried to get a first down with a hurry up offense and if by third down I seen I wasnt getting anywhere then maybe go conservitive.:mad:

Didn't we try that last week before halftime and what was the outcome of that? There's no way he would do it at the end of a game.

I am far from being a Dave (or Norv) supporter....but I did agree with the decision here.

With Griese's tendency to turn the ball over, you can't take a chance that deep in the field. Any INT or fumble would probably resulted in a loss.

Furthermore, if you had a couple incomplete passes....you would have been forced to punt. This would have put Baltimore in a position where they only needed about 20 yards for a FG attempt. Even if they couldn't pick this up quickly...you would at least have given them a hail marry opportunity if you punted.

If nothing else, I would have run the clock down to about 5 seconds, call a time-out, then throw the hail mary.

He couldve maybe even tried a "Fake conservitive play" act like you are going conservitive then quickly pull a some sort of play to catch the defense unprepared.

There are times to make the safe, smart play. I agree, the end of regulation today was one of them.

I agree with the call by Wannstedt to not go for it, because our offense was lackng and If we throw an INT and the Ravens lose...Wanny is an asshole for letting us lose th game. Learn how to appreciate a win.

I think the Ravens defense was more likely to make a play than the Dolphins offense.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Juts when I thought Wanny had some fire in him before this game, his a$$ gets conservitive on me....what was he thinking taking the game into OT? It was 6-6 and had some time left...he couldve at least TRIED to get a first down....Fortunatley $hit went his way today and it looked like luck was on his side with that coin toss......Did he do the right thing? What would you have done or what did you want him to do?

Personally, I wouldve tried to get a first down with a hurry up offense and if by third down I seen I wasnt getting anywhere then maybe go conservitive.:mad:

You're reaching.. Griese was struggling all day against the 2nd best defense in NFL and you expect Wannstedt to put the ball in his hands for Miami to go 60 some yards??

You would not make a good coach..

excellent decision by Wanny.. Only problem I had was Griese should of knelt it instead of had Ricky run it.. Ricky does fumble..

Miami's defense had the Ravens offense pinned all day.. Wannstedt put confidence in his defense and it was the right decision..

Originally posted by inFINSible
I think the Ravens defense was more likely to make a play than the Dolphins offense.

Exactly...

Back
Top Bottom