You say you like Akili Smith??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You say you like Akili Smith???

I'd rather see what Sage can do. I saw Smith already. Let's give Sage a shot if we can't get Griese. He may just need some time under center.

Just say not to Akili. He had one good season in college and that was it.

Can't read an NFL defense.

I'm not going to say the Phins should sign Smith but in his defense he played for the BENGALS. He was thrown into the fire right away. He is a player that needed to be groomed. He's gone through a few coaches and offensive coordinators. Bring him in and see what kind of head he has on his shoulders and what a kind of arm. Also, this tactic might help Spielman to sign Griese.

Wanny was on WQAM this morning and said that they have considered Smith. They had Smith ranked higher than any other QB during the draft that year which included Culpepper and McNabb. He also said that they were not looking to bring in a QB that was of equal or lesser value than Sage. Based on that, I don't think they would be bringing in Smith. O'donnel is a posibility.

As far as Griese... he said talks are continuing and that he, like every other player signed, was told that if he could beat out the incumbent then he would start. Negotiations are stalled because of the incentive package.

Someone posted an artcle a couple of weeks ago about how Marino ruined it for all newly drafted QBs because up until Marino came right in from college and started setting records, even the most highly touted college QBs held clip board for at least 2 years in the pros before starting... Since Marino, the top QB prospects are getting thrown into the fire and being expected to perform because of the precident he set... I mean how many top college QB prospects have we seen post Marino fail miserably in their first years... many...

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Someone posted an artcle a couple of weeks ago about how Marino ruined it for all newly drafted QBs because up until Marino came right in from college and started setting records, even the most highly touted college QBs held clip board for at least 2 years in the pros before starting... Since Marino, the top QB prospects are getting thrown into the fire and being expected to perform because of the precident he set... I mean how many top college QB prospects have we seen post Marino fail miserably in their first years... many...

Good Post.

Almost all of them - Bledsoe was a very exciting rookie.

The amazing thing is that there was a rap on Marino that he was dumb

Originally posted by Muck
Can't read an NFL defense.

I wonder if he can actually read that statement :lol:

No Smith for me please, not for any other reason but because he was a Bengal, don't bring someone in who has gotten used to losing :lol:

Smith is very talented QB and maybe he can get his act together with a scenery change.It wouldn't be a bad idea to sign him and let him compete with Sage for 3rd QB.

Say no to Smith, O'Donnel maybe but besides Griese and possibly O'Donnel, noone out there is better than what we have.Sage is doing well in camp, yes i know it is w/o pads, but Norv likes this kid, sys he will be a very silid STARTER. remember Norv basically coming in last year saying McNown doesn't have it and immediately traded him? Point? Norv doesn't sugarcot qbs.

We shouldnt be that desperate for a backup QB, id be cool with Rosenfels if Greise doesnt sign....I dont want nothing to do with either A.Smith or O'Donnell

Like I been sayin just say no to Akili. The only way I'd consider gettin him is if some how some way we lose out on Griese AND O'Donnell...and then it would just be to have Sage be #2 and Akili #3.

I hate how coaches tend to evaluate guys like this based on what they did in college not what they've done since. They remember having Akili Smith be their top-rated QB in the draft, and I bet they haven't taken a look at ANY game tape of Akili's work in Cincinnati. If they had looked at it, they probably wouldn't have even called.

Originally posted by dolfan4good
Wanny was on WQAM this morning and said that they have considered Smith. They had Smith ranked higher than any other QB during the draft that year which included Culpepper and McNabb. He also said that they were not looking to bring in a QB that was of equal or lesser value than Sage. Based on that, I don't think they would be bringing in Smith. O'donnel is a posibility.

As far as Griese... he said talks are continuing and that he, like every other player signed, was told that if he could beat out the incumbent then he would start. Negotiations are stalled because of the incentive package.

More proof that Dungystedt is a complete moron... If Akili was rated higher than McNabb then he must have been hitting the chronic pretty hard...

Back
Top Bottom