You say you like Akili Smith??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You say you like Akili Smith???

Originally posted by minus
Smith is very talented QB and maybe he can get his act together with a scenery change.It wouldn't be a bad idea to sign him and let him compete with Sage for 3rd QB.

Kitna sucks and he threw for 6,000 yards in 2 seasons in Cincy...

If they sign Smith I will join the dump Dungstedt parade...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
If they sign Smith I will join the dump Dungstedt parade...

Sounds like you are already at least driving a float.

Kitna does not suck. He is just average. I think with talent around him, he could be almost as good as Jeff Garcia.

I tend to disagree...but its possible that Kitna has grown from the quarterback I saw in Seattle.

A lot of GMs had Akili ranked higher than Daunte Culpepper, and I'm sure a lot of them had him ranked higher than McNabb. I remember hearing that the Eagles took McNabb where they did rather than some of the other guys simply because McNabb was a four year starter in Syracuse and he would probably be ready to play quicker than the others.

Kitna does not suck. He is just average. I think with talent around him, he could be almost as good as Jeff Garcia.

Whoa:eek:
Comparing Kitna and Garcia is ludicrous...Kitna does have Dillon, Warrick , Johnson to help him out...Not as much talent as SF but pretty close...

Well its tough to say that Akili isn't a good player. First of all it always comes down to coaching and personel then the players abilities. Just to see how the bengals franchise has been in the past years its easy to say that the franchise hasn't handled players well or the talent. Compare the coaching staff in miami and Cinnicinati then you will know what I am talking about. Akili can learn a lot from Norv TUrner and Akili is a young player still. He sounded so anxious to continue his career somewhere else and he has some experience as a starter and back up. Give the guy a chance before realizing that he just had a bad time in Cinnicinati.

He was talking about coming out of college, not now. Oh you're gonna tell me you liked McNabb the most coming out of that draft?

He still can't play from the pocket and is grossly overrated. But that's for another thread.

Back
Top Bottom