You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season?

I think it was a good move for them, as now they can use him sparingly and not burn him out. He's dangerous when he's really trying, but in the past, he's paced himself waiting for an opportunity to break a big one. If he only gets a certain number of carries, he'll either be extremely dangerous to break one every time or he'll never get warmed up enough to do just that and be a big bust for them. Will be interesting to see which happens. While I think they improved slightly at RB and QB, they still have a lot of issues at their OL. They didn't do much in FA, so they have to address it in the draft. Regardless, they are going to struggle again this year with their OL unless their rookies have a breakout season. I don't think we need to do anything special just for them other than addressing our holes on the D side of the ball.

With a defense like the Jets have, they are scary now that they have Chris Johnson. At this point of his career he still probably runs a 4.5. They can still stay committed to the run. They can hammer a team with Ivory, then throw the curveball with Johnson to wear down defenses. Scary I say, especially if the Dolphins don't score like they did last year.

If the Jets are expecting the elite Chris Johnson they will be extremely disappointed. The team they are assembling (Michael Vick, Chris Johnson) would be great if the year was 2010.

Saw a great comment yesteday that CJ2K is now CJ2YPC. :lol:
chasing shadows at skill positions is a quick path to mediocrity, we have seen a fair amount of that from the Dolphins in the past decade

The Jets have definitely upgraded their talent level. Johnson is still a threat in space. Let's not kid ourselves. And the fact that they have a superior coach than us will give them the advantage next season.

Omar?

If you don't think Rex Ryan is a vastly superior coach than Joe Philbin, then I don't know what to tell you.

Then don't tell me. Rex is a fun guy, good guy to the players. That does not mean he is a good coach. We really do not know what kind of coach Philbin is yet.

I don't know if I buy the whole chip on his shoulder thing, I don't think he is 100% and as explosive as he was but he is still explosive and will be a nice piece. if he has a throwback season I will be surprised. what I expect is a great compliment to Chris Ivory, a guy who will catch a ton of balls out of the backfield and make some big plays for us. we haven't had any big play guys probably since Holmes was healthy in 2011 and now we acquired 2 this offseason so I'm happy. it's a nice start, we will have more talent on O than we have had since 2010, we have a dominant DL but we still have plenty of work to do but I am happy so far.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Then don't tell me. Rex is a fun guy, good guy to the players. That does not mean he is a good coach. We really do not know what kind of coach Philbin is yet.
Res is one of the best coaches in the game, switch the coaches last year and Miami is a playoff team and we win 5-6 games. what he ahs done the last 2 years w/ the talent we have had on offense has been amazing.

I don't know if I buy the whole chip on his shoulder thing, I don't think he is 100% and as explosive as he was but he is still explosive and will be a nice piece. if he has a throwback season I will be surprised. what I expect is a great compliment to Chris Ivory, a guy who will catch a ton of balls out of the backfield and make some big plays for us. we haven't had any big play guys probably since Holmes was healthy in 2011 and now we acquired 2 this offseason so I'm happy. it's a nice start, we will have more talent on O than we have had since 2010, we have a dominant DL but we still have plenty of work to do but I am happy so far.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Res is one of the best coaches in the game, switch the coaches last year and Miami is a playoff team and we win 5-6 games. what he ahs done the last 2 years w/ the talent we have had on offense has been amazing.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

I knew you'd never be able to stay away. Nice resolve there, bud.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

I knew you'd never be able to stay away. Nice resolve there, bud.

I'm sorry, did I make some official announcement that I would never come back? I must have missed that but thanks for thinking of me.

I knew you guys missed me and I didn't want to rob you of that. Now pay attention and learn rather than hurl childish insults.

I'm sorry, did I make some official announcement that I would never come back? I must have missed that but thanks for thinking of me.

I knew you guys missed me and I didn't want to rob you of that. Now pay attention and learn rather than hurl childish insults.
First day back at work after vacation....did you go some place nice?

Yeah, you actually did. Not on this forum, but I guess you can claim ignorance about comments that not everyone saw.

The only thing I could ever learn from you is how to perfect willful ignorance.

Yeah, you actually did. Not on this forum, but I guess you can claim ignorance about comments that not everyone saw.

The only thing I could ever learn from you is how to perfect willful ignorance.

actually if you read what I wrote(since you are so concerned), I said I was thinking about it.

I appreciate you being a fan and taking a message board so seriously.

this is good new for Miami. he's washed up. i would know being disappointed every week with him on my fantasy squad. i watched him enough to conclude he lacks both the speed and agility he used to have.

Back
Top Bottom