You Want a RB? I Want One, Too! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Want a RB? I Want One, Too!

It really just points to understanding value in the draft without undervaluing the RB position. Which is precisely the opposite of what the dolphins have been doing.

Picks 33-48 are likely to present you with the option of one of the top 2 or 3 RB’s still on the board. Maybe the top one in some instances.

As opposed to choosing between the 9th or 10th best offensive lineman or WR at that point.

You’re better off choosing the higher graded player…..the running back. Despite your “need” along the offensive line.

I am not a big fan of using early picks on RN(unless you are talking about a truly generational guy which we have not seen in a while)but i would be OK with RB at #50 assuming there were not higher rated players at more important position still on the board.

I think the Fins should have pretty good options at RB at that spot, with most if not all the RB's still there.

But we have to assume that McDaniel belongs to the Shanahan school of finding RB's on Day 3 so it will be interesting to see what they do there.

They might also grab a FA guy although i would be surprised if they spent real money on one.

I still think that IF they could actually build a good OL then the caliber of RB becomes less important, which is certainly the Shanahan way of doing it.But we can't trust the Fins FO to sign or Draft OL successfully .

I want Pierre Strong at 100 or 118 (or whatever the comp 3rd and earlier 4th are). Walker is great too if we can get him at 50. With the top 2 kind of separating themselves, and the depth of the RB class not being great, I'd expect Hall and Walker to be in or very near the 1st. Spiller at 50 is also possible, but I think for the Shannahan-tree zone running scheme, Strong is a slam dunk fit.

Back
Top Bottom