young guns?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

young guns??

alan huber

Starter
Reaction score
every one is so hi on drafting OL in round 1 (im not) but what about our young guns , toledo , albi(the elf).??? mabye they can step up to the challenge ...!!!
dont draft ol on round 1 , we have a coach that makes wonders out of OL ..plus its really boring to draft ol in round one :D

I really don't mind drafting O-line in the first case it is very important. But this year I say no way cause there in no O-line worth the 9 pick maybe if we traded down then it would be ok.

Why should we draft linemen early? Maybe because we lost five o-linemen in free agency, Alabi hasn't started a game in the three years he's been here and Toledo hasn't played either. I know what you're saying, but if Alabi has been here three years developing and STILL isn't ready to play, it makes me think he never will.

I'm not crazy about Levi Brown, and nine is a little high for Joe Staley, but the o-line definitely needs to be upgraded by the end of round 2. It may not be sexy to take o-linemen early, but Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and Johnathan Ogden are more important to their teams than anyone else.

Why should we draft linemen early? Maybe because we lost five o-linemen in free agency, Alabi hasn't started a game in the three years he's been here and Toledo hasn't played either. I know what you're saying, but if Alabi has been here three years developing and STILL isn't ready to play, it makes me think he never will.

I'm not crazy about Levi Brown, and nine is a little high for Joe Staley, but the o-line definitely needs to be upgraded by the end of round 2. It may not be sexy to take o-linemen early, but Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and Johnathan Ogden are more important to their teams than anyone else.

Yea but those dudes are freaks. I dont see one in this draft may be Joe Thomas, but i dont see him droping to us at 9. all i have to say is Gallery.

, we have a coach that makes wonders out of OL ..plus its really boring to draft ol in round one :D

I also find it quite boring, no let me rephrase that -- I find it quite upsetting when I see our QB get annihilated and our RB hit behind the line of scrimmage every Sunday because our O-line sucks..

I'd much rather be bored on draft day than be bored every Sunday during the NFL season because my offense is getting it's collective butt's whipped up front ..

Yea but those dudes are freaks. I dont see one in this draft may be Joe Thomas, but i dont see him droping to us at 9. all i have to say is Gallery.

Yeah, totally agree with you there. That was more to prove that well linemen may not be popular picks, they are arguably the most important offensive players outside of the QB.

Thomas is really the only guy that I would bet on becoming a franchise LT. I'm not buying into the Levi Brown hype at all. I would prefer we take Staley if we're going O-line in round one. More likely we'll target guys like Tony Ugoh, Aaron Sears, Justin Blalock and Ben Grubbs early in round two.

good point

Back
Top Bottom