Your DOlphins Draft.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your DOlphins Draft....

s3an8

Practice Squad
Reaction score
now that the dolphins are out of it and the steelers and seahawks bore me i think we should start tlking about the draft and who will be coming in and who you think should be coming in........tell me who you think we will draft then tell me who you want to draft (realisticly)...

how i think it will go...
rd.1-T. from miami i forget his name..somethin winston
rd.2-brady croyle
rd.3-corner from clemson #8
rd.4-another o linemen..

The way i want it to go...
rd 1-jimmy williams/michael Huff/Darnell bing
rd-2Reggie Mcneal
rd-3-Greg Blue <---biggest steal in the draft
rd-4.a solid tackle....

That 3rd rounder in the "how i think it will go" draft won't even be close to being a 3rd rounder.

He'll already be in the team's city that drafts him by the time the 3rd round comes.

P.S. I agree in the second one though, I'd also love to get Greg Blue in the 3rd if he's available.

merlin00069 said:
I want:

1st-Jay Cutler......

The rest we can work on. :D
same with me until i saw reggie mcneal in that senior bowl...he was runin around out there like mike vick and throwin it on the money everytime.....and he has a rocket...

s3an8 said:
now that the dolphins are out of it and the steelers and seahawks bore me i think we should start tlking about the draft and who will be coming in and who you think should be coming in........tell me who you think we will draft then tell me who you want to draft (realisticly)...

rd.2-brady croyle
rd.4-another o linemen..

rd-2Reggie Mcneal
rd-4.a solid tackle....

No way Tye Hill is there in the 3rd... Too soon for Croyle IMO, I would rather wait until the 3rd...

Would love Williams or Huff in the 1st... Bing at 16?.. Nah... Thats a reach... McNeal in the 2nd? As our QB, please dude... If he is going as a QB, 3rd at the earliest... Greg Blue is not a steal.. He got beat all year... If you want to talk about steals, look at CB David Pittman whom we have been noted to be talking to at Senior Bowl pratices and S Dwayne Slay of Texas Tech.. if we could get either one in the 4th, pull the trigger...

Who I want us to draft:

1) Jay Cutler - QB - Vandy
2) Antonio Cromartie - CB - Flordia State
3) Ryan O'Callaghan - OT - Cal
4) Pat Watkins - S - Flordia State

Who I think we will draft:

1) Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams - CB/S - Texas/Virginia respectivley
2) Ryan O'Callaghan - OT - Cal
3) Charlie Whitehurst - QB - Clemson
4) Dwayne Slay - S - Texas Tech

My dream draft of right now: (Probably going to change 4 or 5 times.)

I will not put Jay Cutler at 16. All the hype he is getting is ridiculous. His stock is skyrocketing like no one's I've ever seen.

So, realistically:

Rd. 1 Michael Huff, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice, Chad Greenway (Best available.)
Rd. 2 Gabe Watson
Rd. 3 Greg Blue
Rd. 4 Devin Hester

I would love to see Mike Mularkey get his hands on Devin Hester. We would certainly have the makings of a slash in Miami. Pluse he could return kicks while Wes Welker stays returning punts.

DolphinDevil28 said:
My dream draft of right now: (Probably going to change 4 or 5 times.)

I will not put Jay Cutler at 16. All the hype he is getting is ridiculous. His stock is skyrocketing like no one's I've ever seen.

So, realistically:

Rd. 1 Michael Huff, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice, Chad Greenway (Best available.)
Rd. 2 Gabe Watson
Rd. 3 Greg Blue
Rd. 4 Devin Hester

I would love to see Mike Mularkey get his hands on Devin Hester. We would certainly have the makings of a slash in Miami. Pluse he could return kicks while Wes Welker stays returning punts.

:lol: Aint that the truth... I dont think ive had the same mock in any post ive ever made..

Round 1 - Huff (DB), Williams (DB)
Round 2 - Whitworth (OT)
Round 3 - Omar Jacobs (QB)
Round 4 - Cameron Vaughn (LB)

A few players I really like and would be happy to see us draft...

Huff or J. Williams - Either player would go a long way towards shoring up our secondary, both providing the versatility to play CB or S.

Demetrius Williams - I think he'll eventually be one of the league's best #2 WRs. He'd make a great 2nd round pick for us (though I think he'll be gone by then).

Darryl Tapp - I don't know where you put this guy since he's so short and I don't know if he can cover well enough to play OLB, but I'm sure Saban/Capers could find a way to get him on the field to rush the passer. He might end up as a part time player in the NFL, but he'll make a lot of big plays when he's in there.

Anwar Phillips - He'll need to refine his technique, but I think Saban would turn him into a very good starter.

paskerbrandon said:
Who I want us to draft:

1) Jay Cutler - QB - Vandy
2) Antonio Cromartie - CB - Flordia State
3) Ryan O'Callaghan - OT - Cal
4) Pat Watkins - S - Flordia State

Who I think we will draft:

1) Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams - CB/S - Texas/Virginia respectivley
2) Ryan O'Callaghan - OT - Cal
3) Charlie Whitehurst - QB - Clemson
4) Dwayne Slay - S - Texas Tech
I actually like them both tho I don't like taking DB's in the 1st round.I'd like something like this.
1)Greenway
2)Winston
3)Macneal(sp?)
4)Roman Harper or Watkins

add a guard and Givens in free agency and I'll be happy.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

I would be elated if:
1st: Michael Huff DB
2nd:Thomas Howard OLB
3rd: Brody Croyle QB
4th: Kyle WIlliams DT
5th: Marcus Maxie CB
7th: Davis Castillo C
7th:

1.Jay Cutler
2.Bobby Carpenter
3.Greg Blue
4.Charles Gordon

i dont think miami will draft winston in the 1st rd. mel kiper, even though hes wrong alot said winstons stock is decreasing alot and cutler and Croyle's stock are rising. i watched cutler at the practice 2day on tv and he was inaccurate but it was very windy there, but his arm strength was great. i want miami to draft him the most.

s3an8 said:

rd.2-brady croyle
rd.4-another o linemen..

rd-2Reggie Mcneal
rd-4.a solid tackle....
Winston is not worth our first round pick. If we go LT it will be McNeal or Justice. Ty Hill won't be there in the third either, he may not even slip to the second. Reggie McNeal also is not worth a 2nd rounder and Greg Blue is said to be better off at OLB in a system that likes smaller faster backers like Tampa.

My ideal draft would be:
1. Cutler
2. Kelly Jennings
3. Ryan O'Callaghan
4. Stephen Tulloch/A.J. Nicholson

Some of those guys won't be there at those picks, but that would be my dream draft.

Back
Top Bottom