your morning Keenan McCardell update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your morning Keenan McCardell update

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
I wouldnt wait too long on Freeman just to see how the McCardell situation works out.Other teams have noticed that he is in shape and as it comes to "Crunch Time" someone might sign him.

Anyway we can use both of them.Freeman wont cost much.There is enough Cap space to sign McCardell.(The loss of a draft pick will hurt most probably a 3 or 4 would be involved)

If we're playing the waiting game with Freeman, it's likely that Spielman has already given Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden a ring to see what the status of McCardell is. I'm guessing that a 4 or 5 would be enough to make a deal.

Also, Freeman's been just sitting out there, not attracting any attention. So I'd be surprised if someone snapped him up from under us now. We can probably wait a week or so, I'd guess.

The title of this thread is misleading! There is no update on Keenan McCardell here! Just an update on Freeman!

And I got all excited to read something about McCardell...

With The Way Our Players Droping Like Flies I Would Try To Get Both. Freeman Is Very Cheap.

phunwin said:
If we're playing the waiting game with Freeman, it's likely that Spielman has already given Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden a ring to see what the status of McCardell is. I'm guessing that a 4 or 5 would be enough to make a deal.

Also, Freeman's been just sitting out there, not attracting any attention. So I'd be surprised if someone snapped him up from under us now. We can probably wait a week or so, I'd guess.

I hope you are right on this, because I do prefer McCardell over Freeman, but not if there is a chance we end up with niether of them. This has been a rough offseason for us, and I can't take any more bad news. We really need someone to take some of the pressure off of Chambers.

we.......cannot..........afford..........to give..........up any............more draft picks!!

PERIOD. end of speculation.

The season wouldn't seem like such a failure if we could get McCardell and Freeman but we all know this isn't going to happen! McCardell just sounds like a pipe dream to me!

It is highly unlikely we get McCardell seeing we already have let go some future draft picks, and that he wants over 4 million. But hey, if the 'Phins have some balls they will do it

the fins should aquire mccardell ASAP for a #3 or lower...all of a sudden they wouldn't look so bad. this team is motivated and has been brought toghether by all it's adversity and is seriously poised to make a run...the offense should be more wide open with t.minor and a weapon like mccardell would compliment chambers and mcmichael perfectly...oh, and the defense is still pretty damn good

I'm not sure, even though his stats somewhat support it, that McCardell is worth $4 million a year at the age of 32. I have watch Freeman since he played at VA Tech and if he has any magic left, Miami should go ahead and sign him for the vets minimum. If somehow, someway Miami does employ McCardell, we are looking at Chambers, McCardell, Freeman and Thompson as the WR's. The following year Chambers, Boston, and McCardell (signs for more than 1 year). Not too shabby.

Oboy said:
The title of this thread is misleading! There is no update on Keenan McCardell here! Just an update on Freeman!

And I got all excited to read something about McCardell...

How's it misleading? The article says the Dolphins are actively monitoring the McCardell situation, enough so that they're holding off on signing Freeman. Yesterday, we could only speculate that they had interest in McCardell. Now, we know they do.

And for what it's worth, I'd give up a 4th or lower for McCardell. Probably not a third, however.

We can not rape our draft for another question mark. Keenan is old and wants a lot of $$$. Plus our draft is already down to 5 picks, we can't afford to lose any more! When people keep saying give up a 4th or a 5th, it's like give up a Zach, Randy, or a will poole (good late round finds).

Also, Keenan is not a burner. He is a possesion receiver, and we want speed accross form chambers according to spielman. If he gets cut, then throw some money his way. However, I do not see Tampa being so accomodating. It would send a message to players accross the league to hold out. You know all the other owners called Wayne and told him to sue Ricky to send a message that this will NOT be tolerated. Same thing in Tampa I bet. They'll make him sit and sweat it out.

I say pass on McCardell, and sign the vet in Freeman. We can't afford to trade for him draft pick wise, plus we have some young guys who would benifit alot if they played with the vet. Freeman may be old but he is a sure pair of hands on third down. Also if we signed McCardell, then next year, it would be Chambers, Boston, and him, and our TE's. They would all be unhappy to split that many touches. Then we would probally see a hold out or something. Plus, I think, McCardell is past his prime. Bring in the vet for a year. McCardell is gonna want a big contract thats not gonna be worth it

Back
Top Bottom