your morning Keenan McCardell update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your morning Keenan McCardell update

ChambOfCommerce said:
we.......cannot..........afford..........to give..........up any............more draft picks!!

PERIOD. end of speculation.
Thank you Mr. Spielman. I had no idea you posted on finheaven.

I'm not a 100% sure of this but McCardell wants 4 mil if he's going to be the #1 reciever for the Bucs like he was last year. Apparently that was the plan going into camp for the Bucs. I know they have Galloway now and he might be shifted to #2 but his argument was basically....if he's gonna put up #1 numbers and be listed on the depth as their #1 then he wants to get paid like a #1. Pretty reasonable.

If we have to trade a 4th to get him I think we need to do it. Rick did a pretty good job with this years draft and seems to have grabbed some young talent that can contribute in the future. Looking at the whole picture I think we can afford the pick despite giving our 2nd and 5th away already. Here's why:

Ricky will play next year and were gonna get some compensation for him....probably a draft pick or two so that will make up some of the deficit.

AJ will be in his second year with the team. He's shown consistent improvement so far and should be much better next year. I think he will quench our burning desire for a QB.

Boston will be back next year.

Damien McIntosh will be back sometime this year and will be a starter next year. Smith, James, McKinney, Carey, and McIntosh should be a good unit next year.

We'll most likely get Edgerrin James via free agency next year so there won't be any picks involved in that and it will satisfy our RB situation.

Will Poole will be a starting caliber corner next year.

Our D will be intact again next year. I don't think there is any contracts expiring.

Those are a couple of reasons why I'm positive about the future and see this talk of trading away our future to get McCardell as a little bit blown up and not to realistic. Lets face the facts here, our offense is gonna get destroyed by half decent defenses and shut down by the good ones. It's really not going to be hard to gameplan for us this year. If we don't get a real threat opposite Chambers it's gonna be a long season.

ChambOfCommerce said:
we.......cannot..........afford..........to give..........up any............more draft picks!!

PERIOD. end of speculation.
I agree 100%!!! The future of this team lies within the draft. You can't throw away the future for guys that may be on your roster for a year, maybe 2.

Why can't we get them both? I'm afraid we're going to wait too long on Freeman and not have a chance on Keenan and end up back where we started from with just a bunch of untested players and Chris Chambers.

I want Keenan to be here in Miami, but if he won't play in Tampa for 2.5, why is he going to play here for 2.5. He did have a Pro Bowl year last year. Deserving of not, he made the Pro Bowl, something Chris Chambers didn't even do last year, and CC had an awesome year.

Phinsdude said:
I want Keenan to be here in Miami, but if he won't play in Tampa for 2.5, why is he going to play here for 2.5. He did have a Pro Bowl year last year. Deserving of not, he made the Pro Bowl, something Chris Chambers didn't even do last year, and CC had an awesome year.

It depends. If McCardell is cut, he will probably have to settle for less than planned. That's historically what happens with veteran players who get cut. If he's traded, it's probably with his assent and with a new contract lined up.

I still believe that we are one good receiver away from being a playoff team. Let the future take care of itself, right now we need to win.

I thought Miami was looking for a "SPEED" receiver. At his age is Keenan considered a "SPEED" guy?

JJ777 said:
I thought Miami was looking for a "SPEED" receiver. At his age is Keenan considered a "SPEED" guy?

In the words of a great man, "you cain't always git whut you waaaaant."
McCardell can catch it in traffic and keep Chambers from getting double teamed constantly. Right now, that's sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom