Your new FS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your new FS

Winfield_26

Draftologist
Reaction score
Now Im not one to come over here and start trouble but I do have a serious question, who the hell is gonna be your starting FS next season? Williams34Phins has graciously told me that Freeman is quote:

"Freeman is who I am speaking of. And I'd say he is about equal to marion about now, and will improve since he is young."

This was taken from Billszone.com, Now I looked up Freeman and he has 1 career INT in 4 seasons, and only 113 tackles while playing in 16 games the past 3 seasons. Now I know hes been a backup but correct me if Im wrong but was he not once your starting SS and at another time cut by the team? Now its obvious Williams thinks hes better than Marion, do all of you think the same way? b.c to be honest I think cutting Brock wasnt a mistake but by no means do I think Freeman can come close to bringing his ability to the defensive backfield.

Comments Welcome....:cool:

Freeman is a natural FS who played out of position at SS. He isn't really big enough for SS but he is/was a better tackler than Marion. Marion seems to have lost a step and was beaten deep several times last season. Freeman is faster and a better tackler. Freeman's instincts aren't as good as Marion's, but I think they're decent. IMO Marion has been a great player for Miami, but his skills are slipping and he didn't deserve his probowl bid. It was time to give Freeman his shot.

He wasn't cut but I seem to remember last year a period when he went shopping the market and found no takers.

On Marion...

You would have to watch all of our games to catch the mistakes but what I can tell you is that his "shopping" in the backfield has hurt this team many times.

I believe (and nobody has told me different) that his eyeballs on the quarterback was responsible for an 80 yard bomb to Troy Brown in overtime.

I understand that as we face the same problem with Rueben Brown who has now been cut....But do you think as fins fans that Freeman will be able to step in Brock's shoes. Rafael you mention that he has all the intagibles but lots of guys do. I just dont see anything with Freeman that shows he can be a good FS

Everything I've ever read about Freeman has him listed as a speedster who has great closing speed as well. That is what you look for in a FS (along with great vision for where the QB is going).

Marion has lost a step, no doubt. Ask Madison what he thought of Marion at times last season.

Freeman started at SS for us in 2002. Considering it was a position he's very unexperienced and undersized for (he's a natural FS) he did fairly well. Last year he was groomed to be Marion's heir.

I think if we put him in as a starter this year, he'll be as good as Marion... hopefully better in the future.

I actually think Freeman is a lot like a younger Marion. He is faster, but not as sure a tackler. Freeman is better coverage guy at this pts., but as I said b4 all OCs are drooling the minute they get a decent WR locked up on any FS in this league

When Freeman started at safety in 2002, it was felt like the Dolphins were starting two free safeties and no strong safety. Freeman has great speed, but he isn't great at anything else. He isn't a good tackler, and he isn't the playmaker that Marion is.

Back
Top Bottom