Your new FS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your new FS

Freeman was a restricted free agent last year and was tagged with fourth round compensation. The skins were interested but had no fourth round pick (Chad Morton signing?). The Saints were interested but ended up getting a safety from New England. He came back to a back-up job, with the understanding that he would get a longer deal or be allowed to test the free agent market as an unrestricted free agent for 2004.

He is faster than Marion but lacks the instincts. He needs more game situation. His tackling skills are more than adequate.

Originally posted by Winfield_26
I understand that as we face the same problem with Rueben Brown who has now been cut....But do you think as fins fans that Freeman will be able to step in Brock's shoes. Rafael you mention that he has all the intagibles but lots of guys do. I just dont see anything with Freeman that shows he can be a good FS

Freeman has the tangibles (speed, size etc.) The intangibles (vision, instincts) are still an unknown. I used to visit Dolphin camp all the time (when I lived down there) and he seemed very natural, fluid with great makeup speed. I don't know if that will translate to the games, but with Marion's skills diminishing, not to mention his price going up, I think it's time that we find out.

Originally posted by ZOD

I believe (and nobody has told me different) that his eyeballs on the quarterback was responsible for an 80 yard bomb to Troy Brown in overtime.

That is a fact. On the NFL Network they've been replaying the "game of the week's" for the entire season. The Dolphin/Patriot game was one of them. They show the play in question in slow motion and Marion clearly bites on the play-action. The narrator also mentions it.

FREEMAN SUCKS!!...Thats all I have to say on his part and yes marion is still better.

yes it might appear this is a bad decision and maybe marion is better than freeman right now but we need to take some chances. What if freeman ends up being a large step up from marion. You don't know till you try and thats what this organization needs is to take risks

Back
Top Bottom