- Your thoughts on tradition in NASCAR - | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

- Your thoughts on tradition in NASCAR -

How do you feel about Toyota's inclusion on the NASCAR ranks?

• It bothers me but has nothing to do with tradition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't bother me one bit - Toyota completely belongs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JPhinfan86

Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.
Reaction score
Basically I would like to know what the population here thinks about the inclusion of Toyota in the NASCAR manufacturer's ranks. The poll attached is set to address that question alone but I'll leave a few other questions out for discussion. Second, would Toyota be more acceptible were they to train their own drivers rather than contracting American boys? Finally, do the seemingly endless changes in series' sponsor names mean anything to you? For example, upon switching to the NEXTEL brand from Winston many drivers said something to the effect of "I was raised wanting to win a Winston Cup title, NOT a Nextel Cup".

With another change, now resulting in the Sprint Cup and also the Nationwide series as the new tag on the former-Busch series. Busch is the only name the series has known since it's inception in 1984 and Nationwide is quite a mouthful compared to the more linguistically appealing Busch series. These may seems like moot arguments but they arise more and more among the most dedicated fans so I just thought I'd hear from you guys.

I think the most interesting argument will come from those with drivers now piloting Toyotas such as the obvious Stewart, Hamlin and Shrub (Kyle Busch).

A final argument would be your take in the 2007 Toyota Tundra and the endless speculation about it being little more than a mock-up of the Dodge Ram with a F-Series back-end.

Back
Top Bottom