Your Top 5 NFL Players at Each Position - NON DOLPHINS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 5 NFL Players at Each Position - NON DOLPHINS

I love Chambers and he WILL be a top 5 receiver. But I gotta agree with J-E-T-S he isn't yet. In my opinion the top five receivers are:

T. Owens, R. Moss, M. Harrison, D. Boston, R. Smith

I think the overall concensus top 4 would be Owens, Moss, Harrison, and Boston...but the 5th is up for grabs between guys like Keyshawn Johnson (who could easily reclaim his spot in the top 5), Jimmy Smith, Torry Holt, and Joe Horn. There's no way in heck Chris Chambers has even broken the top 10 yet. He's got a ways to go.

I guess mine would go like this. QBs would be Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and Rich Gannon pretty much in that order.

WRs would be Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, David Boston, and Keyshawn Johnson.

RBs would be Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Stephen Davis, Corey Dillon, and Edgerrin James (if anyone can make it back from an ACL early...its Edge).

Who in the heck would be able to name a top 5 FBs???

OL in general...Larry Allen, Jonathon Ogden, Tim Boselli, Kevin Mawae, and Orlando Pace.

TE would be Tony Gonzales, Marcus Pollard, Chad Lewis, Frank Wycheck (king of the 5 yard pass lol), and Bubba Franks (touchdowns baby touchdowns).

DT would be La'Roi Glover, Warren Sapp, John Randle (did anyone happen to notice he still had 11 sacks last year?), Pat Williams, and Trevor Pryce (though he's been moved to DE).

DE would be Michael Strahan, Jevon Kearse, Jason Taylor, John Abraham, and Robert Porcher (old but still consistent).

LB would be Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, Keith Brooking, and Jeremiah Trotter.

CB would be Charles Woodson, Sam Madison, Champ Bailey, Samari Rolle (when healthy), and probably a tie between Ronde Barber, Troy Vincent, and Ray Buchanon (also when healthy).

Safety would be Rodney Harrison (ask a player in the league who he LEAST enjoys being hit by...), John Lynch, Lawyer Milloy, Sammy Knight, Brock Marion, and Pat Tillman

I give a lot of weight on consistency through the years, not so much on statistics.

Just to let everyone know again.........this wasn't necessarily a TOP 5 ranking thread. Just who'd you'd like to have on YOUR team. That's why I took guys like Vick, Tebucky Jones, and large DTs as opposed to pass rushers.

Back
Top Bottom