Yourrrrrrr Miami Dolphinssssssssssssss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yourrrrrrr Miami Dolphinssssssssssssss

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
You want to rag on the D? Go right ahead but before you do please be reminded that this is the same D of 3 games ago with the same game plan. All season long the D gave up 48 points in one game. In all other games the scoring was held to a minimum.

The D just faced two of the premier running backs and two of the top scoring offenses. We held each to 16 and 17 points with 10 points in each game coming after turnovers.

Except the Ravens in 2000, every D gives up the occasional big play in a game (unless you face the current Dolphins O).

This is the same D which was hailed not too long ago. Remember Denver?

You look for leaders on O. Sure, you got one. Out with a broken thumb.
This is the same offense which not to long ago was hailed as exciting. High scoring (30 points per game on average), using the field and the weapons. Same O coordinator. Didn't we all say "this year will be different"...well most did anyways.

Lucas lacks many things I have not foreseen. I knew about the lack of touch, lack of accuracy but I was not aware of his lack of leadership.

You talking about dumped down playbook last year. Look at the game from last night. Where is that confidence in Ray's arm?

This team needs only one thing: the return of his leader.

Allowing 17 points in GB is still winneable.

True, I can't wait for Jay to come back. This is Jay's team. What do we do in the meantime? Troy?, Anybody but Lucas.

Originally posted by FFiB
You want to rag on the D?
no but I am starting to have grave doubts about our Ss, particularly Freeman who I was a big fan of. I agree that you cannot negatively :judge: a D that gave up 24 pts to the best team in the NFL with the best QB and one of the best RBs in the NFL when 7 were straight off TOs and the other 3 TOs greatly contributed.

Yeah, but ...

I did see a couple things on defense which made me want to throw things at the TV. There was some piss-poor tackling (most memorably, Sam Madison trying to strip a ball carrier rather than just TACKLING him (resulting in an extra 10-15 yards.)

"Grab, grab, grab!"

Re: Yeah, but ...

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I did see a couple things on defense which made me want to throw things at the TV. There was some piss-poor tackling (most memorably, Sam Madison trying to strip a ball carrier rather than just TACKLING him (resulting in an extra 10-15 yards.)

"Grab, grab, grab!"

its time to trade sam madison. we can get someone for much cheaper than what he has been giving us. jamar fletcher? i am amazed that people rag on him. they should be ragging on sam madison. trade him for a first round draft pick! Our defense has become nonexistant. we dont bring guys to the line of scrimmage or show anything different. all we do is put our LB's out to cover and they cant even do that right. People who are way overpaid:

Sam madison
Tim bowens(he should be gone next year, fat dump)
derrick Rogers(criminal)

Zach Thomas earns his money but he needs help and it all starts with the coaching. jim bates sucks. wannstedt is next if he does not switch gears soon. the jets are gonna kick our ass.

i am completely not impressed with Rob Burnett or Jay Williams. henry Taylor is way better than those guys! our scheme u say? i say BS! henry Taylor would have at least gotten penetration. Marlon Greenwood is not used correctly. and we dont put any pressure on anyone and yet we still cant cover the main cog of an offense. this is no brainer stuff people! We did not come to fight for this one and what that does is make a bad bad feeling amonst the players. I say start Sage Rosenfels but it wont happen. i say use the Lb's to blitz, but that wont happen, or at least show blitz and drop back to cover if they get rid of the ball early like farve did. I dont care what anyone says. our defense is predictable. every year this is what we get. we start out great and then we get to the cold weather teams, and we screw up bigtime. the offense is obvious what the problem is. Lucas only had two real screw ups last night. up until then he was doing fine. the problem was fumbling. we got smacked. i dont understand why we are not using Desmond clark more! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

and another thing. 17 points given up by the defense is unrealistic. what in your mind thinks that if favre played the 4th quarter and the game was not so one sided, that Favre wouldnt have put up 35 points? ill tell you what......nothing would have stopped favre from doing what they were doing. we have problems on both sides of the ball. im sorry. Our DT's are doing nothing!!!!! nothing nothing nothing!
Did i mention already that i wish Henry Taylor were here?:monkey: Jim bates

I agree about Madison. He starting to look way overrated. It's looking like he gives up a big play every single game. And something's not right about our coaching staff, they seem to be very lenient on these players after we give up our usual stupid freakin penalty of the day, usually committed by Madison or some other DB. Funny how when Shula was here we were like the least penalized team now when Johnson and Wanny get here we're like the most penalized team. I dunno about you guys but it looks like a lack discipline. After we give up the big play Wanny doesn't get really angry like Cowher or Gruden or someone, he just claps his hands and says we'll do better next time. Something has to change real soon

Originally posted by FFiB
The D just faced two of the premier running backs and two of the top scoring offenses. We held each to 16 and 17 points with 10 points in each game coming after turnovers.

I made a typo though..above line was supposed to say "premier QBs" not "premier RBs".

Sorry

About penalties

Madden made an interesting point last night about how Shula was on the competition committee and his rival coaches (including Madden himself) thought that was one reason the Dolphins were always the least penalized team. The implication was Sthe refs were scared of Shula because he was, in effect, their boss.

While I wouldn't go that far, I do believe the Shula-coached teams had a much firmer grasp on the rule nuances because he was on the committee.

Our biggest problem on defense, though, is just poor tackling. IMHO, anyway.

Re: Yeah, but ...

"Grab, grab, grab!"

It's true....

Our D is good and can dominate with the right matchups.
However were used to saying we have the best D in the league.
That's clearly not the case anymore. We have shortcomings.
We can't say were even with the Bucs or Eagles D's. Those guys play consistent whomever they play! That's why we were counting on our O to step up and with all the injuries and a soft O-Line we may be waiting all year.

Re: About penalties

Madden made an interesting point last night about how Shula was on the competition committee and his rival coaches (including Madden himself) thought that was one reason the Dolphins were always the least penalized team. The implication was Sthe refs were scared of Shula because he was, in effect, their boss.

While I wouldn't go that far, I do believe the Shula-coached teams had a much firmer grasp on the rule nuances because he was on the committee.

:yell:

That was BS! I was pretty pissed Madden said that!
He's just pissed because the Raiders back then played dirty as hell and were always getting penalized. It was a pretty low comment to make from an announcer I used to have respect for.... but not now.

Madison is starting to suck!

Originally posted by ac_lanham
I agree about Madison. He starting to look way overrated. It's looking like he gives up a big play every single game. And something's not right about our coaching staff, they seem to be very lenient on these players after we give up our usual stupid freakin penalty of the day, usually committed by Madison or some other DB. Funny how when Shula was here we were like the least penalized team now when Johnson and Wanny get here we're like the most penalized team. I dunno about you guys but it looks like a lack discipline. After we give up the big play Wanny doesn't get really angry like Cowher or Gruden or someone, he just claps his hands and says we'll do better next time. Something has to change real soon

Really, he is. You guys haven't noticed that teams are going toward his side of the field more and away from Surtain? Madison cannot contain the run on his side and usually bites on double moves. Driver made him look foolish a couple of times.

I hope we do trade him and get a first round pick for him next year. I think Surtain is better at this point...while it seems that Madison's skills have slowly deteriorated over time.

I think he has lost his recovery speed which use to help him compensate for his mistakes and it also allowed him to bait the QB.

Back
Top Bottom