You've got to read this(49ers drafting policy) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You've got to read this(49ers drafting policy)

I remember last year when Singletary called out his Tight End Vernon Davis and then he had to go in front of all the reporters to air out his differences with Davis for everyone to hear. To me you don't call out guys like this. If Singletary has issues with Stafford he needs to keep his mouth shut and handle things in a professional way.

It's all perception....who gives a **** what the media or anybody else has to say about it...

Singletary has an old school way of handling his players....back then it didn't matter if the coach embarrassed you in front of your teammates...parents..friends..thousands of people...

Singletary didn't air anything out in front of the reporters...he didn't apologize for a damn thing...he said you can't coach and can't win with selfish players...

...and he's right...

Last year the #10 pick in the draft was Jerod Mayo. He got a $19 million contract with $13 million guaranteed.

So again, what $50 million?

IF Stafford fell to #10, which is one big IF...then falling from #10 to #11 would only cost him what, like a million bucks over five or six years? Not even that?

Again, I'd have told the 49ers where they can stick their #10 pick if they insisted we talk about something like that.
Three years ago, Matt Leinart signed a $50.8 million with $14 million guaranteed as the #10 overall pick and Jay Cutler signed a contract worth almost $48 million with $11 million guaranteed as the #11 overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom