Zach is OUT for two games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach is OUT for two games

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Looks like Pope is going to be tested bigtime. Zach is definately out after an MRI reveals he aggravated a slight tear in his hammy.

link

We're fixin' to find out whether Pope is for real or not. buffalo with mcGahee and then Denver with Droughns in consecutive weeks is not going to be easy for any LBer let alone a rookie without his big DTs in front of him.

This will hurt us big time! We play a lot of good running and play action teams. I think Pope may have his hands full.

Mark my words, we will miss Zach big time over the next two weeks. They will attack Pope knowing he is there, hope he does well, but that's a lot to ask of a rookie.

inFINSible said:
Fate or self-fulfilling prophecy??

Did I just say that? :hitself:
well if that's the case then it's far yet from being fulfilled. i'll give it until the end of april.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
This will hurt us big time! We play a lot of good running and play action teams. I think Pope may have his hands full.

Mark my words, we will miss Zach big time over the next two weeks. They will attack Pope knowing he is there, hope he does well, but that's a lot to ask of a rookie.
Our run defense hasn't done squat with Zach IN the game.

How much worse could it get?

ErroneousFlint said:
well if that's the case then it's far yet from being fulfilled. i'll give it until the end of april.
I'm confused....I was going with the premise that Zach said he doesn't want to be involved in any "experiments" with younger guys playing....and now *ta-daaa* he's not.

This next game will be a test and a good gauge as to where our defensive is against the run, specifically, v.s. McGaherne - with and without ZT in the middle but then again you do have these intangibles to consider: home field advantage and post-wanny hype. so what does the miami defense have to do to prove that intangibles don' t mean anything? hold the Buffalo running game to under 50 yds?

inFINSible said:
I'm confused....I was going with the premise that Zach said he doesn't want to be involved in any "experiments" with younger guys playing....and now *ta-daaa* he's not.
oh, haha! im on my own trip with my eye on trading ZT to dallas for a pick.

inFINSible said:
yeah your comment reminds me of artest with the pacers wanting time off to rap his head off in a recording studio and then, same formula tada! he's gots lotsa time.

inFINSible said:

EggZachly!!

I remember a while back someone posted that maybe Zach is better than we thought since the starting DTs were out and he continued to make tackles.

Well I contend that the tackles will be there for ANY decent young MLB we plug in there, but if its 3rd and 2 and the RB gets 5,....then how can we get worse by plugging a guy like Pope in there who is younger and most importantly HUNGRY to prove himself.

ErroneousFlint said:
yeah your comment reminds me of artest with the pacers wanting time off to rap his head off in a recording studio and then, same formula tada! he's gots lotsa time.
Funny how that works huh.

inFINSible said:

Well it has gotten better the last few weeks and zack lead the league in tackles.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well it has gotten better the last few weeks and zack lead the league in tackles.
I don't want to come off like I'm bashing Zach in this thread, that wasn't my intention....but IMO, it's not bad news that he's out.

What are we going to lose if the run defense gets worse for a couple of games?

NJFINSFAN1 said:

...and guess what that has gotten us! 2-9! Hoo-freakin-RAY!!

I be happy if Zach didn't lead the league in tackles if instead he would make more big plays when the game is on the line.

Back
Top Bottom