Zach makes Dr. Z's all-pro team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach makes Dr. Z's all-pro team.

nopony

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted, I hope it's not a repeat.

Dr. Z, one of my favorite football writers, named his all-pro defense Friday. Jason Taylor was a runner-up, but guess who his starting MLB was:

Zach Thomas, Miami. Jeremiah Trotter blazed to the forefront. I worried that Thomas was finally beginning to show signs of 1) being undersized, and 2) having too ambitious a workload, with all that coverage he does. Yes, Trotter had a fine year, but so did Thomas, just a tiny bit better. I wish I could have picked both, and lined my unit up in a 3-4, as I did one year, but that would have meant stiffing Seymour, which wouldn't have been fair.

I graded a lot of MLB's because it's fun grading this position. Here are my other finishers and their grades (Thomas and Trotter came in at, respectively, 7.4 and 6.89):

Zach has always been a guy who got love from the media, but was always overshadowed by Ray Lewis and Co. even in the years where Zach was better.

It's pretty sweet to see Zach getting undivided love at this stage in his career. If this keeps up someday I'll be able to see Zach giving his induction speech at the Hall of Fame.

Surprises me Zimm would give a Dolphin player any type of honor...the guy always seems to pick against us in his weekly SI column. Not to mention him saying on the 1983 ESPN draft show that Marino wasn`t a good pick for Miami.

Goin` Deep said:
Surprises me Zimm would give a Dolphin player any type of honor...the guy always seems to pick against us in his weekly SI column. Not to mention him saying on the 1983 ESPN draft show that Marino wasn`t a good pick for Miami.

He was right, Marino wasn't a good pick for us...

He was GREAT! :dolphins:

No one has beat Dr. Z up more about that than Dr. Z. I think we can move on...

One of the things i like about him is he grades players, he doesn't go on impressions like most... he does his homework and doesn't let bias interfere.

When he says Zach was the best ILB in football, it means a lot more than most talking heads.

And I've never noticed him being anti-dolphin. I think being excrutiatingly fair makes fans of every team think you're against them.

thats awsome.hopefully jt and zt will be on next year.maybe even ronnie;)

thats awsome.hopefully jt and zt will be on next year.maybe even ronnie

JT's a runner-up this year.

Ronnie is the kind of runner Dr Z likes. He's one of the few writers that actually takes into account how well backs do little things like block...

Dr Z has never been anti-Dolphin. He called us out when Wanny had us going 10-6 and getting blown out in the playoffs. And rightly so.

Anyway, as others have said, Z watches gametapes of most games and grades all players. Making his team is a great honor, because its not based on reputation and hype. Zach had a great year and its nice to see some of the media recognizing his stellar play.

Anybody else notice who he has as the special teamer?

Good catch!

Hey... wait a minute... we traded him to the Bears for that tight end AND a conditional draft pick... anyone know the story on that??? Do we get a pick?

Back
Top Bottom