Zach on Dallas Radio Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach on Dallas Radio Today

Club Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been posted, or should be included in another thread...

I live in Dallas, though I'm from FL and a life-long Phin Fan. Today, one of the local sports radio stations had an interview with Zach. It was a very good interview, but one part stuck out in my mind...

[paraphrasing]
Question: You were looking to join a SuperBowl contender, and the Patriots offered you a contract. Why didn't you take their offer.

Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

Question: Do you have any hard feelings toward the Dolphins for releasing you?

Thomas: None. I love the Dolphins, but completely understand what they did. They're rebuilding, which will take 3-4 years to do. I probably won't last that long, so letting me go was the right thing to do. I have nothing but respect for the Dolphins.

[/paraphrasing]

I wish there was a transcript of the interview, because he proved once again that he's a class act.

Well, maybe since he's out here in Dallas now, I can get him to autograph his Phins jersey that I've been holding onto for years.

Edit - Found the podcast!!!
http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espn1033/sectional?id=playpodcasts

Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

:woot:

You will always be a Dolphin Zach and we will never forget you. I will be there to watch you get inducted into the Hall of Fame in Canton some day. :)

Go get you a ring Zach. And if it isn't too much trouble would you please put TO out of football permenantly?

Zach is a very classy guy! Im gonna miss him. I only wish him the best. Lets hope he can get his ring unless its vs us in the superbowl but thats prob not gonna happen haha:foundout:

seriously I love Zach for this. I hope he wins his ring there.

i hope the cowboys steal moss from the pats. not only would we gain from the pats loosing moss but it would help dallas reach the super bowl and win a ring for zach

Zach Thomas is a Classy man i love that guy to bad he couldnt get his ring here

even though i don't like the cowgirls, i wish him the best of luck over there.

That's awesome!!! What a great thing to say! You gotta love the guy. Will always be one of my favorite Dolphins ever. Thanks for the great memories Zach. Hope you make it to the superbowl....and lose to us...HAHAHA!!! Peace!!

it would be easier to cheer on the cowgirls if terrell and romo weren't on the team. :)

Zach just became my 3rd favorite player ever (behind Chambers and Marino.) What a true professional, man I wish we could've kept him. That comment about not going to the Pats speaks volumes about Zach's character. I told my brother the other day that I honestly beleived Zach didn't go to New England out of respect for Dolphins fans and I was right. :D

Kick some *** in Dallas, Zach.

Back
Top Bottom