Zach on WQAM.com in a few minutes to talk about JT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach on WQAM.com in a few minutes to talk about JT

Said he's a Dolphin for life.

Says he hopes Harvey Green works with Jeff Ireland on his media skills in terms of the handling of JT. Believes they should have been upfront with JT. "You have to know to respect great players, even if they are not your guy. Bottom line is the guy is a hall of famer." He said JT waited as long as he could, but had to take care of business.

Zach was frustrated with JT being taken out of games on 3rd down last year, it's akin to taking Bruce Smith out of the game. Said JT was waiting on the Fins to just make an offer, and he was sad that they didn't.

Touched on the cancellation of the meeting before JT went on vacation, and used it as an example of FO not handling JT in an upfront manner. (Sounds like Zach feels JT was being strung along)

Zach said he does like the FO's approach in acquiring players and the direction they are heading in, but need to handle players on the way out a bit better. Quoted the philosophy of it being better to get rid of a player a year early than a year late.

Said JT couldn't afford to gamble to see if another option would come along, JT going to Jets makes them better, and that he's going to have to cheer against JT, but he's happy that his brother-in-law has a job.

Said there's no more loyalty in organizations as it was back in the 70's and 80's, it's just a different era that we as fans have to adjust to. Said when he goes to the Jets game this year he'll knock friggin Fireman Ed off the balcony if he sees him :chuckle:

Said the Fins didn't allow him (Zach) to make a statement thanking the fans when he was cut by the Fins a few years back.

Said you can't blame JT, Fins never made JT an offer. He was asked who he'll be cheering for in Fins vs. Jets, he said he can't bring himself to ever cheer for the Jets. Was asked if the Fins happen to be out of the playoffs, and the Jets made it to the SB, could he cheer for the Jets then? No, can never bring himself to cheer for the Jets :up: Hopes JT has a good year, but will never cheer for the Jets, even with JT's kids in the same room cheering for their dad :D

Honest interview with Zach, awesome!

Said he's a Dolphin for life.

Says he hopes Harvey Green works with Jeff Ireland on his media skills in terms of the handling of JT. Believes they should have been upfront with JT. "You have to know to respect great players, even if they are not your guy. Bottom line is the guy is a hall of famer." He said JT waited as long as he could, but had to take care of business.

Zach was frustrated with JT being taken out of games on 3rd down last year, it's akin to taking Bruce Smith out of the game. Said JT was waiting on the Fins to just make an offer, and he was sad that they didn't.

Touched on the cancellation of the meeting before JT went on vacation, and used it as an example of FO not handling JT in an upfront manner. (Sounds like Zach feels JT was being strung along)

Zach said he does like the FO's approach in acquiring players and the direction they are heading in, but need to handle players on the way out a bit better. Quoted the philosophy of it being better to get rid of a player a year early than a year late.

Said JT couldn't afford to gamble to see if another option would come along, JT going to Jets makes them better, and that he's going to have to cheer against JT, but he's happy that his brother-in-law has a job.

Said there's no more loyalty in organizations as it was back in the 70's and 80's, it's just a different era that we as fans have to adjust to. Said when he goes to the Jets game this year he'll knock friggin Fireman Ed off the balcony if he sees him :chuckle:

Said the Fins didn't allow him (Zach) to make a statement thanking the fans when he was cut by the Fins a few years back.
Said you can't blame JT, Fins never made JT an offer. He was asked who he'll be cheering for in Fins vs. Jets, he said he can't bring himself to ever cheer for the Jets. Was asked if the Fins happen to be out of the playoffs, and the Jets made it to the SB, could he cheer for the Jets then? No, can never bring himself to cheer for the Jets :up: Hopes JT has a good year, but will never cheer for the Jets, even with JT's kids in the same room cheering for their dad :D

Honest interview with Zach, awesome!

I dunno about this....surely after being cut Zach would be free to make any staement he wanted.....no?

that is why zach is the man

I miss Zach... I just think there's more to the JT story than we know.

why i love zach is because he said when the patriots offered him, that if that was the only contract he got offered by a team he would restire. i understand our FO treated him like a dog. but the jets are the jets. i never thought i would ay this but screw jasontalor. it is truly a sad day to be a dolfan

The way I see it, I can't blame JT for going to the Jets. I'm not going to like it, but I'm not going to see him as lesser of a person, or talk bad about the guy. Maybe if the Fins offered the same amount, and he left for the Jets, then I'd be more upset. But I think it'd be difficult for anyone to say they would turn down more money two offseasons in a row to play for the Fins. ESPECIALLY, when this offseason's treatment is what he gets for doing so last year, when he shunned the Patsies and their money.

It's not about pampering a diva like many people here think. Like Zach said, it's treating great players with a little more respect. JT's made his mistakes in dealing with this front office, but he's been consistent, IMO. He just wanted to be treated with more respect.

People talk about his lack of loyalty, but this front office has shown hardly any loyalty to any player. They're being smart, building a franchise the best way they know how, but they are absolutely sacrificing loyalty. Look at how Zach Thomas has to wait to retire a Dolphin, if he ever will even get a chance to. Look at how they're shopping Ronnie even though he's been the soul of this offense the past few seasons (from a football standpoint, I don't disagree with shopping, just saying... no loyalty). Some people think it's all about the Miami Dolphins, and that no player is bigger than the team. Which is true, but that doesn't mean the organization should treat players that have worked for this team like this.

All in all, JT did what he felt he had to do, can't criticize him or praise him for it. But what Zach Thomas did, and the exceptional attitude and passion he has, should absolutely be commended.

All this tells me is that we were ready to move on. And what it also tells me is that the Jets just are not drafting their future. They are purchasing everyone else's supposed goodies. Well, look at the guy who they paid 6 mil last year at CB. Now he is gone. That is no way to build a franchise.

so be it! JT will be a Jet for a year and then JT will retire.

Back
Top Bottom