Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice.

blackthought

Starter
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8622837

Zach is on his way out, he's good but not great. In Zach's tenure here the Dolphins never drafted any one at the position with any legit talent; the players barely could stay on Special Teams. I commend Saban for actually bringing in some competition. When Morlon was drafted out of 'Cuse, he played MLB, before he even hit the Miami Beaches he was permanently moved to OLB. This lends to the idea that Miami’s leadership was always cool with the statue quo, 10 wins, 1 playoff win and a playoff lose, push mediocre players into superstar/playmaker roles that anyone could fill. Jimmy and Dave dogged W.H. (a good man) and left this team high and dry.

Dude, he plays with heart and is good, you don't make all pro by being a fake, get real.

Many people are drawn to labeling people. Overrated compared to whom, and by what metric is he measured to determine his relative merits as a football player? It just seems so silly to me.

CBS (and whomever else is so inclined) can call him overrated, underrated, or whatever other label they see fit to use. To my eyes, he can play, and play well. I don't give a rat's *** whether some pinhead at CBS thinks we fans should think less of him.

Zach may not be the player he once was, but he really hasn't lost all that much yet. Maybe big hitting ability, but it's not like he doesn't know how to tackle or misses a bunch. I don't think Miami's troubles are Zach's fault. Him and JT were the cornerstones of a very solid D for a lot of years.

People have been "overrating" him for 5-6 years now. Then he leads the league in tackles and gets voted to the pro bowl...let them keep on overrating him.

as i have said before. you can be very good, and still be overrated.

Z. Thomas is very good. but his reputation, and how people view him, are above his performance level. (even if that is very high).

same with Seau. he was one of the best. now hes slowing down. but people still think of him as that great player. and thats why he is overrated also.

If you watch the games closely! ZT is invloved in almost all short gain tackles, and i mean ALL.....whether he was the first or was there a second later to assist. It wasn't because he was a fake that are D has been top of the NFL for so many years now...

Caldolfan said:
Dude, he plays with heart and is good, you don't make all pro by being a fake, get real.

Agreed, Zach has been a very good LB in the 4-3 that the Dolphins have been playing. With that said, can Zach play in the 3-4?? I really don't think so. I can see Zach being moved if coach Saban wants to play a 3-4, but for now, he's the best LB that we've got.
JJ and Dave were not happy with 10 wins and such, whoever says that is nuts. Both are very good coaches and it just didn't work out for them here.

ch19079 said:

Z. Thomas is very good. but his reputation, and how people view him, are above his performance level. (even if that is very high).

same with Seau. he was one of the best. now hes slowing down. but people still think of him as that great player. and thats why he is overrated also.

Whatever!

Thomas is tough he leaves it all on the feild.I love the fact he never gives up.overrated or over achiever.:tongue: They always try to talk crap on him and every year im screaming alright getthim ZT.:lifter:

Caldolfan said:

and also people need to realize that he was leading the league in tackles by a monster number until he got hurt and even for 2 weeks into his injury he was still leading becuase he was os far ahead last season, hes still great, but just casue people look at the stats, and then the age they thingk he going way downward

ch19079 said:

And let me guess, you wouldn't want him in a Bils uni. I'll take the "overrated" Zach Thomas on my team any day.

Zach Thomas hasn't done anything to win playoffs games or games in December. As of matter of fact he somehow forgets how to tackle in December (see Eagles games in 2004) and homer fin fans give him too much slack. I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood out there. I'm tired of seeing Zach's deer in the headlights look whenever is a big game in December. Props to Saban for trying to change old regime.

Back
Top Bottom