Zach Strief?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Strief??

phlbnqb5413

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thoughts on signing strief this offseason?

According to rotoworld:

"ESPN Saints blogger Mike Triplett believes there's a "strong chance" impending free agent RT Zach Strief gets a more lucrative offer elsewhere.

The Saints are in a salary-cap bind of sorts this offseason and won't be able to bring everyone back. Strief made 15 starts this past season and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall right tackle, excelling in pass protection. Bryce Harris and Marcel Jones are possible in-house replacements for the Saints. "

Everything I've seen on here is about signing albert, monroe, or mack. I do not see the mack signing happening, and I do not see monroe leaving baltimore for any reason. While I like the idea of signing albert, he is a LT, and will be more expensive then Strief I believe. So my thinking is, sign Strief, draft a LT in somehwere in rounds 1-3 (probably round 2 or 3, unless we trade up for a top LT). We can add a guard or 2 throughout rounds 3-6 and/or FA. This would allow us to trade up/down in the first round (more probable since pick 19 is not a valued pick) or draft BPA- which hickey wants to do.

Anything is possible if we are prepared to open the purse and spend significant $ on a LT. Theoretically, if we don't spend on Clabo, McKinnie, Incognito and Martin (hopefully trade), we should have some money for someone good. Personally, I'd prefer to put the money into a LT than a RT, but not crazy if Strief fits the scheme well.
After the issues of the past year, it is vital that we get some good leaders on the O-line.

You gotta think Ross will spare nothing to fix that Oline.. Wait, do you think Ross even knows its bad tho?!

I like the idea of a FA RT and drafting a LT. This would certainly be the most cap sensible approach.

I would be open to trading up for mathews or robinson (hoping that one of them falls a bit). I do not want to draft martin in round 1 at 19. If we cant trade up and no one falls, possibly cyrus, but better bet to draft someone in round 2 or 3 based on who is available, while getting BPA in the draft.

so you would put our qb life in the hands of a rookie lt

Back
Top Bottom