Zach Thomas #3 (Best Draft Picks of last 15 years) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas #3 (Best Draft Picks of last 15 years)

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18082674/

3. Zach Thomas

Position: Linebacker
Year drafted, round: 1996, 5th round, 154th pick
Team: Miami Dolphins
College: Texas Tech

The reasons: Branded as too short and not fast enough, Thomas has since made his critics eat their words. Thomas is just 5-11 and 228 pounds, which led most NFL executives to say “not on my team.†However, anyone who saw Thomas play at Texas Tech realized he was a productive player with great football instincts and a desire to succeed. Going into his 12th season, Thomas is coming off a year in which he recorded 103.0 tackles and 62 assists and nine passes defensed. He also shows few signs of slowing down.

IMO, Jason Taylor in the 3rd round (1997) should be on the list as well, but it is hard to beat the value of Zach in the 5th round.

There are some poor choices on that list. Coles should not be on that list because he isn't as dominant as the other choices, how about Hines Ward? Tedy Bruschi over Donnie Edwards is another one that springs to mind. Jason Taylor should definitely be on that list, as should Michael Strahan two potential hall of famers.

Yep, I agree with a lot of those picks... Tom Brady has to be the first though, I'd put Zach 2nd.

How is Frank Gore on that list? He's had 1 good year so far and I can think of at least 10 other picks that should be on the list over Coles.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Jimmy Johnson because he drafted Taylor & Thomas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18082674/

3. Zach Thomas

Position: Linebacker
Year drafted, round: 1996, 5th round, 154th pick
Team: Miami Dolphins
College: Texas Tech

The reasons: Branded as too short and not fast enough, Thomas has since made his critics eat their words. Thomas is just 5-11 and 228 pounds, which led most NFL executives to say “not on my team.†However, anyone who saw Thomas play at Texas Tech realized he was a productive player with great football instincts and a desire to succeed. Going into his 12th season, Thomas is coming off a year in which he recorded 103.0 tackles and 62 assists and nine passes defensed. He also shows few signs of slowing down.

which are both career highs I might add

I also found it interesting that 4 of the worst picks (although not drafted by us) have made their way through Miami for at least some time.

Yep, I agree with a lot of those picks... Tom Brady has to be the first though, I'd put Zach 2nd.

Yeah Brady was the biggest steal ever...but who knew what kind of QB he would end up being after a pretty average college career. I think Brady was just in the right place at the right time (Bledsoe likely would have been the starter in New England for many years, had he not gotten hurt). :rolleyes2

I also found it interesting that 4 of the worst picks (although not drafted by us) have made their way through Miami for at least some time.

I was just going to say that...And I believe we were in the running for Ryan Leaf...Just pray for no busts this year...

How is Frank Gore on that list?

EXACTLY! When I saw his name, my jaw dropped. He has NO business on there. So, if he is the 9th best pick in the last 15 years. then they must think he is in the top ten of NFL players.... An absolute FARCE of a list!!

Heh, I said before the 2005 draft that Frank Gore would be the steal of the draft. Up till now it looks like I was right. He may have only had 1 good year, but i always new that Gore was beyond special. He'll be one of the best backs in the league for years to come so long as his knees hold up.

And read the damn title. Its not the 10 best players, its the 10 best PICKS.

hmm harrington 10th worst draft pick?

i really fail to see how any other lions pick aside from roy williams has done better....hell yatil green isnt on the list..tim couch not on the list......people just wanna hate on Joey

Back
Top Bottom