Zach Thomas and Sam Madison on Rickey Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and Sam Madison on Rickey Williams

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone else heard them today on 790theticket today they were on O.J.McDuffies show. They both said they would take #34 back. I missed Sam Madisons interview/spot cause I was dropping my daughter off at the baby sitter but i caught Zach Thomas spot. Zach said he would hope that if we do take it back we dont build everything around him and we have a back up plan. He also said that he would only give him 1 more chance if he came back and was seriouse about playing football. He said hey Ricky is the best at what he did he and you want that kind of back back there.

They also talked to Zach about 3-4 vs 4-3 and how will it affect him. he said he will have to learn the defense all over now cause its going to be diffrent that what he has been used to for the last 9 years. But he is happy for the change. He said when your a 4-12 team you need to make changes and he welcomes all the changes we have done in the offsesaon.

he was also happy with the defensive signings we had this offseason so far and thinks it will help him roam from SL to SL better. He also said the traineres have changed the weight training program for all players and before with the old coaches it was about beach mussles and now its about football muscles, and he will be in so much better shape this year and he is exicted about all the changes.

Thats about all I think. I might have missed something anyone else hear it?

Mindwarp said:
I dunno if anyone else heard them today on 790theticket today they were on O.J.McDuffies show. They both said they would take #34 back. I missed Sam Madisons interview/spot cause I was dropping my daughter off at the baby sitter but i caught Zach Thomas spot. Zach said he would hope that if we do take it back we dont build everything around him and we have a back up plan. He also said that he would only give him 1 more chance if he came back and was seriouse about playing football. He said hey Ricky is the best at what he did he and you want that kind of back back there.

They also talked to Zach about 3-4 vs 4-3 and how will it affect him. he said he will have to learn the defense all over now cause its going to be diffrent that what he has been used to for the last 9 years. But he is happy for the change. He said when your a 4-12 team you need to make changes and he welcomes all the changes we have done in the offsesaon.

he was also happy with the defensive signings we had this offseason so far and thinks it will help him roam from SL to SL better. He also said the traineres have changed the weight training program for all players and before with the old coaches it was about beach mussles and now its about football muscles, and he will be in so much better shape this year and he is exicted about all the changes.

Thats about all I think. I might have missed something anyone else hear it?

Thanks for the post. I guess if his own teammates will take him back, I will too.:rolleyes:

MiamiFan1354 said:
I wanna know what JT would have to say about it...

yeah no doubt...especially after the halloween costume! That was the greatest! :roflmao:

Good info, thanks. I love Zach's interviews. He doesnt give us much lip service as some of the other players.

Has anyone thought we might go with the 53 defense like the old days

Good post! Sounds like everyone is starting to come around. These changes are obviously for the better.

ahhh, JT has an ego unlike Zach. If you asked Zach to play DE, he would play DE, you asked him to play safety, he would play safety. The Media makes a thing about JT going to outside Linebacker, and he goes and makes a big stink, and his agent does too. Do I think JT is one of the best at what he does, yeah, of course he is, but he handled the situation wrong.

one thing I found interesting about the interview was the weigh training / strength training program change. was the way we did it before the cause of all our injuries?

Pro-X said:
Has anyone thought we might go with the 53 defense like the old days

There is no way they could go 5-3 defense with todays passing attacks, having only 3 DB's back there and expecting a linebacker to pick up the slack for the missing safety is asking way TOO much

Zach does awesome interviews. If Zach will accept Ricky, shouldn't we? I hate RW as much as the next guy, but I f Zach Thomas will take him back... Shouldn't the fans embrace that? Ricky can run.

mor911 said:
Zach does awesome interviews. If Zach will accept Ricky, shouldn't we? I hate RW as much as the next guy, but I f Zach Thomas will take him back... Shouldn't the fans embrace that? Ricky can run.

If Zach accepts it I absolutely will, but i agree with his point of having a backup plan. Hopefully one of top three.

The More I think about Rickys possible return, the more I am willing to give him a shot. When he quit I hated Ricky as much as anybody, and then he came out and said some really stupid things and we all hated him more! But, the more I think about it and the more time passes, the more I wouldnt mind having him back. He is human and has to have some serious issues that need to be looked at! If Nick gets him to go to counseling, he is tested EVRY DAY!!!!, and he restructures his contract to a incentive loaded deal I would take him in a heartbeat! Some people want to bring him back and trade him...... We will never get value for him, and he is far too valuable of a RB when his head is screwed on!

Look at what is going on with this team, we have DIRECTION! Reguardless of what ever else Saban does this team is headed in a direction other than down the tubes. This team wont be built around Ricky, he wont even have to shoulder the whole load, Gordon as a backup is more than solid. If we do get Ricky to come back it makes us VERY UNPREDICTABLE in the draft! Ricky will make everyone around him better ON THE FIELD, teams will have to respect the running game and bring 8 men in the box at times, thus relieving some stress on Feeley. If Ricky has his head screwed on right I would take him back in a sec.

I`d love to see RW back in uniform.....4-12 teams need all the help they can get!

Back
Top Bottom