Zach Thomas and Sam Madison on Rickey Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and Sam Madison on Rickey Williams

Taylor has already said that he'd take Ricky back if it meant winning football games. I apologize for not having a link but I do remember hearing it.

Phinsdude said:
ahhh, JT has an ego unlike Zach. If you asked Zach to play DE, he would play DE, you asked him to play safety, he would play safety. The Media makes a thing about JT going to outside Linebacker, and he goes and makes a big stink, and his agent does too. Do I think JT is one of the best at what he does, yeah, of course he is, but he handled the situation wrong.

I agree. I love the guy, but certain players don't handle being asked to change things up a bit. He just needs to do what is asked of him.

Mindwarp said:
I dunno if anyone else heard them today on 790theticket today they were on O.J.McDuffies show. They both said they would take #34 back. I missed Sam Madisons interview/spot cause I was dropping my daughter off at the baby sitter but i caught Zach Thomas spot. Zach said he would hope that if we do take it back we dont build everything around him and we have a back up plan. He also said that he would only give him 1 more chance if he came back and was seriouse about playing football. He said hey Ricky is the best at what he did he and you want that kind of back back there.

They also talked to Zach about 3-4 vs 4-3 and how will it affect him. he said he will have to learn the defense all over now cause its going to be diffrent that what he has been used to for the last 9 years. But he is happy for the change. He said when your a 4-12 team you need to make changes and he welcomes all the changes we have done in the offsesaon.

he was also happy with the defensive signings we had this offseason so far and thinks it will help him roam from SL to SL better. He also said the traineres have changed the weight training program for all players and before with the old coaches it was about beach mussles and now its about football muscles, and he will be in so much better shape this year and he is exicted about all the changes.

Thats about all I think. I might have missed something anyone else hear it?

Cool, thanks for posting. Glad the team seems pleased with the signings and the new way Saban is doing things. If Zach is happy with it, I assume most of the other guys have similar feelings.

I have to say my peace. First and foremost, I'm a Miami Dolphins fan. No matter the players or coaches or the opposing team. The jersey number can go from 0 to 999 for all I care.

That said, I'll go a touch further and say that while I don't like what one player can do to an entire team, I can also say it wasn't just that one players fault. But RW let the whole team down because of his selfishness for his own needs. But on the other hand, had Dave Wanny not set the entire offense around one player, it could of been different for us last season.

I watch the games with RW in them and i was very happy. To see Miami with a great running game was a refreshing change of pace after not having one for so so long.

But I don't really care who's in the backfield for us or their name. I want them to help us win games. If that person in the backfield gets hurt or whatever, and we go down hill from there...well it seems that the coaches didn't plan enough for that possible eventuallity.

Put it this way, instead of RW retiring and everyone hating him, look at it like he got a season ending injury in preseason. We'd still been without him the whole year, but the way our offense was set up, we probably would of still gone 4-12. BUT, our outlook upon him would be different.

Either way, he quit because of his own choices. His opinion and desires regardless, I am still a fan of the Miami Dolphins.....no matter who plays for them.

Mindwarp said:
I dunno if anyone else heard them today on 790theticket today they were on O.J.McDuffies show. They both said they would take #34 back. I missed Sam Madisons interview/spot cause I was dropping my daughter off at the baby sitter but i caught Zach Thomas spot. Zach said he would hope that if we do take it back we dont build everything around him and we have a back up plan. He also said that he would only give him 1 more chance if he came back and was seriouse about playing football. He said hey Ricky is the best at what he did he and you want that kind of back back there.

They also talked to Zach about 3-4 vs 4-3 and how will it affect him. he said he will have to learn the defense all over now cause its going to be diffrent that what he has been used to for the last 9 years. But he is happy for the change. He said when your a 4-12 team you need to make changes and he welcomes all the changes we have done in the offsesaon.

he was also happy with the defensive signings we had this offseason so far and thinks it will help him roam from SL to SL better. He also said the traineres have changed the weight training program for all players and before with the old coaches it was about beach mussles and now its about football muscles, and he will be in so much better shape this year and he is exicted about all the changes.

Thats about all I think. I might have missed something anyone else hear it?

Looks like this puts to rest some of the talk about "the guys in the locker room will never take him back" and "I guess some of you have never played team sports because if you had you would realize the guys would never accept him in the locker room." Just goes to show what a lot of us have been saying, winning can cure anything. There is only a small window to win that SB and adding to the talent pool will help to win it.

IceStorm said:
I have to say my peace. First and foremost, I'm a Miami Dolphins fan. No matter the players or coaches or the opposing team. The jersey number can go from 0 to 999 for all I care.

That said, I'll go a touch further and say that while I don't like what one player can do to an entire team, I can also say it wasn't just that one players fault. But RW let the whole team down because of his selfishness for his own needs. But on the other hand, had Dave Wanny not set the entire offense around one player, it could of been different for us last season.

I watch the games with RW in them and i was very happy. To see Miami with a great running game was a refreshing change of pace after not having one for so so long.

But I don't really care who's in the backfield for us or their name. I want them to help us win games. If that person in the backfield gets hurt or whatever, and we go down hill from there...well it seems that the coaches didn't plan enough for that possible eventuallity.

Put it this way, instead of RW retiring and everyone hating him, look at it like he got a season ending injury in preseason. We'd still been without him the whole year, but the way our offense was set up, we probably would of still gone 4-12. BUT, our outlook upon him would be different.

Either way, he quit because of his own choices. His opinion and desires regardless, I am still a fan of the Miami Dolphins.....no matter who plays for them.
Great post.. Loyalty rules all.

Oboy said:
I found that interesting as well...

Just one question... what in the world are "beach" muscles? I guess ones that just look good!?

I think Zach is talking about the difference between lifting chest and arms etc all the time, and instead concentrating on more obscure exercises that keeps the body balanced - abdominals, lower back, dead lifts, maybe more plyometrics etc.

The more I read about this team I begin to wonder how on earth we were even winning 10 games a year. It's no wonder we faded down the stretch. WE HAD NO PLAN. Everything was utter chaos. It was always clear that we were being outcoached or outschemed by the jets and patriots. But damn Wandstedt was a bigger idiot than I thought!!! You would've thought after all that time he would've figured SOMETHING out??? :fire:

xXxpHiN34 said:
"Leaders Lead....Followers follow....."

This isn't a cheap shot....so noone take offense.....

But I see all this talk going around, and I'm sure more people will echo it, "If Zach accepts him back, then I will too."

:roflmao: Thats pretty lame imo, If you wouldn't mind giving Ricky a second chance, thats cool.....but dont do it just because one guy, or a few guys say it's okay. Be your own man.

For yall to be like..... "I hate Ricky......I hate everything about him, that dope smoking punk:yell: ", and the next day....."Oh yeah:) , if Zach says it's okay then I say so too....Run-Ricky-Run:D !!!!!"

Hmmmm.....can you say: Hypocrite?

Hey I hated what Ricky did, but I understand why he did it and was always open to his return. He saw that teh team lacked direction, that Wanny and his "coaching staff" (Dave's term not mine) was completley lost, not to mention that he does have SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER which can cause massive mood swings when one isn't on Paxil or another prescribed anti-depressant.

I truly believe that Ricky has seen the error of his ways and the team he used to play for is making serious and positive changes for next season. So, PLEASE RICKY get back on the Paxil, stay away from teh holy weed, lock away the Bob Marley and Peter Tosh albums and get some counseling! He's too talented a running back to go and throw it all away.

Saban and the team capt's that are speaking out are just using RW as a tool for the draft. The guy is crazy (dr. certified). Sure he'll listen to anything the phins say to him because we have him by the nads for 9mil.
Saban's a genius.

mor911 said:
It's not hypocritical at all. I was always a person that hated Ricky for what he did (or took part in doing) to this team. I thought that he was a disgrace, and shouldn't play the game anymore. Now if I, as a fan, could be so cold to a player that has had issues... How would his own team mates react to him. I thought they'd hate him. Jason Taylor made fun of him during halloween.

When I read about Zach's comments it made me realize that maybe we are going overboard, and if Zach (an actual Dolphin with the best of them) is willing to say that this guy is ok... Then I, as a fan will agree. Nobody's being a follower. :cooldude:

:yeahthat:
You beat me to it!

mor911 said:
It's not hypocritical at all. I was always a person that hated Ricky for what he did (or took part in doing) to this team. I thought that he was a disgrace, and shouldn't play the game anymore. Now if I, as a fan, could be so cold to a player that has had issues... How would his own team mates react to him. I thought they'd hate him. Jason Taylor made fun of him during halloween.

When I read about Zach's comments it made me realize that maybe we are going overboard, and if Zach (an actual Dolphin with the best of them) is willing to say that this guy is ok... Then I, as a fan will agree. Nobody's being a follower. :cooldude:

Ok.....I'm glad that you see it like that now..... I just wish all these other ''Ricky Haters" see the light as well! :wink:

Phinsdude said:
ahhh, JT has an ego unlike Zach. If you asked Zach to play DE, he would play DE, you asked him to play safety, he would play safety. The Media makes a thing about JT going to outside Linebacker, and he goes and makes a big stink, and his agent does too. Do I think JT is one of the best at what he does, yeah, of course he is, but he handled the situation wrong.
:yes: although hopefully we'll here him later say he never cared where they put him and that the media miss quoted him :cooldude:

lotion said:
Saban and the team capt's that are speaking out are just using RW as a tool for the draft. The guy is crazy (dr. certified). Sure he'll listen to anything the phins say to him because we have him by the nads for 9mil.
Saban's a genius.

How is Ricky crazy? Because he quit football? I don't understand the logic in people that say he's insane, or someone stupid pothead. Just because he quit the NFL, and shafted the fans, and his teammates means he was a dick. Doesn't mean hes crazy, or stupid for that matter. His mind wasn't in football, you can't blame him. He has $8.6M reasons to come back now, so he will come back make about $15M and live a happy life im sure.

Back
Top Bottom