Zach Thomas defending Wanny??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas defending Wanny???

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Thomas was defending Wanny like no other on the live conference. If others feel this way will wanny really be fired??

no everyone likes Wannstedt.

he like every other dolphin is bombarded (SP?) with blame...

it's always 1 person/group at a given time. it's Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, WR, Oline, DB, Dline, Lb...

it's never "everyone." it's one person at a time...

miami's 3/4 loses they've had the chance to win everytime...

Wanny will be fired if we don't go far in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if players defend him, Wanny is a goner if he doesn't get the job done.

Nothing wrong with the team leader getting behind the coach who will be the coach no matter what for the rest of the season. If they are to do anything the rest of the year they needed somebody to step up and put their support with wanny.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Wanny will be fired if we don't go far in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if players defend him, Wanny is a goner if he doesn't get the job done.

That's not getting the job done. Wanny needs to WIN playoff games..

I don't find it surprising at all that Thomas is defending Wannstedt. Not only has Wannstedt been one of Zach's biggest supporters but, Zach is one of the players that has the most to lose if Wannstedt leaves. We all know that Zach does his best in this system, and if a new coach comes in there's no guarantee that he's going to protect Zach with the interior lineman like Wannstedt does.

Wanny isn't a malcontent or a bad coach. His fatal flaw as an HC is that he's too nice of a man. But that's no reason for Zach not to back or stick up for him or any man like that.

Did anyone really expect Zach to badmouth Wanny at a point when team unity is very fragile? He's going to give Wanny is full support now, but let's see what happens after the season. Last year after the Patriots loss he was publicly criticizing the defensive schemes.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Thomas was defending Wanny like no other on the live conference. If others feel this way will wanny really be fired??

Frankly, I'm tired of Zack's spiels like this. When things get down, he's always the one that says the things like, we need to be more responsible, we need to play with more heart, attitude whatever, just like this conference. But so far, it's the same old story, one player basically just making more excuses for the rest. It makes sense for players to "defend" a "nice guy" coach. Do you think they really want a parcells to come in and really kick some serious ***? i wouldn't think so and as someone has already said (forgive me for forgetting who), alot of these players are already tainted.

Zach is trying to be a leader here. Get off his back. He also happens to be right. If the guys on the field do their job and play with intensity, we can out talent a lot of teams. Maybe not Tenn, but the Houstons and the New Englands of the NFL.

Um. . .

Zach is defending Wanny because he is stating the obvious.

Everyone wants to blame Wanny for these loses. I've been saying it all along that it's the players.

Like Zach said. . .

Wanny doesn't miss the tackles, he doesn't miss the FG's, he's not the one putting the ball on the ground. Seems to me every game we've lost (besides Titans) we've had a chance to win it.

Originally posted by Gatorman
Zach is trying to be a leader here. Get off his back. He also happens to be right. If the guys on the field do their job and play with intensity, we can out talent a lot of teams. Maybe not Tenn, but the Houstons and the New Englands of the NFL.

You missed my point which was that Zack has done this before on numerous occassions and to no obvious benefit........so far.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

You missed my point which was that Zack has done this before on numerous occassions and to no obvious benefit........so far.
sooner or later, somebody has to listen!;)

Back
Top Bottom